“Poor value”
Review of Riviera Inn

Riviera Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel was the worst Best Western I have ever stayed in. The remote only worked in one direction. The light in the bathroom went out. The hotel staff did not have the breakfast area stocked and when I asked for items they were rude about it. The beds slept terrible. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Conrad R, General Manager at Riviera Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

On behalf of my staff and I we would like to apologize for not living up to our Southern hospitality that we live by down here. Here at Best Western Riviera inn we put the customer first and it does not sound like we lived up to that. I sure hope in the near future you would give us a second chance to exceed your expectations. As we are heading into a new year we have great additions that we our looking forward to here at Best Western Riviera Inn, Such as updated rooms, a Hot breakfast and updated facility all around. We sure hope again that you will reconsider staying with us again so we can give you that Southern hospitality that you and all of our guest deserve.

Conrad R.
GM

There are newer reviews for Riviera Inn

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I travel a lot for business and stay in many different hotels. This was one of the worst stays that I have experienced. The room was dark, smelled of mildew and mold. There was no set up or desk in the room for office work. There was a table that you had to move from the center of the room next to a wall so you could be near an outlet, then you were sitting on top of the air conditioner unit that was blowing air. The room and furniture were old and out of date.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I first want to take the time to say thank you for choosing Best Western Riviera inn for your lodging needs. I do want to apologize for your experience. I have taken the next step to help better your needs and wants out of our motel here. We are currently in full tilt on renovating our rooms furniture along with new amenities through out the rooms. Also our lobby and breakfast will be getting an upgrade here in the near future. With the outside of our motel including parking lot the entrance and even all the way to the little details such as adding new lights to all the rooms and keeping a go green facility. I sure hope in the future as we are working our way to be the best Best Western in the South that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations and give you a comfortable stay that will bring you back again and again. Once again thank you for taking your time to give us a review and another insight to how we our doing here at Best Western Riviera Inn.

Conrad R.
GM

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here on a roadtrip and had a good night's stay. The bed was comfortable, everything was clean, and close to local restaurants and shops. The breakfast is small but filling and we would stay here again if we are going that way!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here an the room we had was clean and the bed was cozy . My family an I will be back :) Great location and friendly staff . My only suggustion is if anyway possible you should expand your breakfast area..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good hotel, not the best beds, or best breakfast - but for the price, well worth it. The staff is VERY friendly, and helpful, and the location of the hotel central to the Coast area and on the beach - so getting around the Coast is easy from this hotel. Parking was designed well, and the rooms are big, with plenty of closet space, and nice bathrooms - again, for the price. Would reccoemend it for families with small kids, since it is so easy to get to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel. I planned to only stay one night, but it was so quiet and pleasant, I decided to stay longer. Much better hotel than some of the other ones I have stayed at in the area. The price was really cheap - they give discounts for Triple AAA and AARP. My room was nice, clean and I parked my car right outside the door. The room was newly renovated and had a microwave, fridge, large tv, ironing board, table and chairs. The employees were all very nice and we really enjoyed the continental breakfast (you could make your own waffles). This hotel is close to the prime outlets, good restaurants and is only about 25 minutes from the little town of Fairhope. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I always try to get a room on the ground floor. Rates are cheaper and it is quieter in off season...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand and our motel here at Best Western Riviera Inn.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel is nice, not the best i have stayed at, but accomadatable. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room is nothing fancy, but clean. Decor is suitable. Ther is a fitness center and a pool, but i do not have a review for them, as i did not utilize either.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business