All reviewsgulf shoresplace to staygreat priceclean roomsplugsbleachmuffinsshoppinghwy
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed 4 nights and was completely satisfied with the room and consider it an excellent value. From making reservations to check out the staff was excellent. I made an extension to the original reservation. That required a change in rooms and the staff found one near my first. All the basics of the room were covered: everything I touched or saw was clean, the bed was comfortable, the towels and washcloth felt good, hot water was always available, the shower head had a good spray, the lavatory area was spacious, it has a frig and microwave, there was a table and plug-in that could be used for computers and the wifi worked. The location of the parking and the outside stairs and room entry were convenient for me. The location of the motel was almost ideal for my stay.

I had 3 items which were minor for me. Two of the plastic things by which hangers attach to the rod came apart even though I think I had things gently. The lavatory in the first room drained slowly--it did drain however. I did not need to do laundry while there but observed it is in a covered breezeway that would have been unpleasant during the cool windy days I was there. It is possible there may be other laundry facilities inside.

The last 3 nights when I returned the No Vacancy sign was up so the motel was desirable to a good many customers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Billhgc
Conrad R, General Manager at Riviera Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

general manager
BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn

Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I checked into this hotel, I specifically asked again to confirm my reservation for a nonsmoking room. "Yes, it's nonsmoking," she replied. As soon as I entered the room, I smelled smoke, went immediately back to the office and was told that it is a nonsmoking room. Perhaps as of that morning, but not for any longer! She offered to put a machine in the room to clean the air, but we would not be able to be in the room while the machine ran...if Room 215 was a nonsmoking room, why would a machine be needed? It was only 4:00 p.m. and there were less than a quarter of the rooms occupied at this time, even though the hotel was sold out for the night. I was just getting over the flu, and spent the entire evening, after returning from dinner, coughing!!!! Our room should have been changed at 4:00 when I first complained. Another customer was told that she and her handicapped husband would have to stay in their assigned room on the second floor, because the rooms were assigned that morning. She was concerned about her husband walking up stairs to the second floor. Again no accommodations were offered to relieve the issue! What HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bykers2
Conrad R, General Manager at Riviera Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. All but five of our rooms here at Best Western Riviera Inn are non-smoking. During this month of March we get a lot of visitors for spring break and time to time they will break our policy of smoking in a non-smoking room. Guest do have to pay a $150.00 fine for breaking the signed agreement at check in. We do our very best to clear the smoke smell as much as possible if the guest does smoke in the room. The machine we use is a Ozone machine which breaks up the molecules in the air, then if time is available we dehumidify the room. During this busy season rooms do get booked early and often. We hold 2 handicap rooms which are on the first floor and have wide doors, chairs for showers and serve every need for our guest who may need assistance. On that night we had both rooms reserved from Best Western site to take care of the guest who requested a handicap room. We do apologize for any inconvenience that occured during your visit and the couple who was left with a second floor room, who very well needed a first floor room but was not available at the time.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience that Best Western Riviera Inn strives for every day.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Conrad R, Manager at Riviera Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel is ok. We stayed one night and that was enough. Room was clean and size was decent with fridge and microwave. Breakfast was the bare minimum. The hair dryer hardly worked, I had to hold it directly on my hair to feel the air. Location was good, close to the middle of town and the outlet mall.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, as we have installed new hair dryers and have replaced the burner plate of the waffle maker. As of right now we also have in the plans to expand our breakfast facility, so we can cater to more of our guest.

Thank you once again, from our entire team here a Best Western Riviera Inn.

Conrad R.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

was just okay would have preferred a hotel closer to the beach. Coffee was terrible. Had trouble with getting waffle maker to work on last day. Beds were comfortable. We were short towels qnd had to go to office to get them ourselves instead of them delivering to the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends