All reviewsgulf shoresplace to staygreat priceclean roomsplugsbleachmuffinsshoppinghwy
Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I checked into this hotel, I specifically asked again to confirm my reservation for a nonsmoking room. "Yes, it's nonsmoking," she replied. As soon as I entered the room, I smelled smoke, went immediately back to the office and was told that it is a nonsmoking room. Perhaps as of that morning, but not for any longer! She offered to put a machine in the room to clean the air, but we would not be able to be in the room while the machine ran...if Room 215 was a nonsmoking room, why would a machine be needed? It was only 4:00 p.m. and there were less than a quarter of the rooms occupied at this time, even though the hotel was sold out for the night. I was just getting over the flu, and spent the entire evening, after returning from dinner, coughing!!!! Our room should have been changed at 4:00 when I first complained. Another customer was told that she and her handicapped husband would have to stay in their assigned room on the second floor, because the rooms were assigned that morning. She was concerned about her husband walking up stairs to the second floor. Again no accommodations were offered to relieve the issue! What HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bykers2
Conrad R, General Manager at Riviera Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. All but five of our rooms here at Best Western Riviera Inn are non-smoking. During this month of March we get a lot of visitors for spring break and time to time they will break our policy of smoking in a non-smoking room. Guest do have to pay a $150.00 fine for breaking the signed agreement at check in. We do our very best to clear the smoke smell as much as possible if the guest does smoke in the room. The machine we use is a Ozone machine which breaks up the molecules in the air, then if time is available we dehumidify the room. During this busy season rooms do get booked early and often. We hold 2 handicap rooms which are on the first floor and have wide doors, chairs for showers and serve every need for our guest who may need assistance. On that night we had both rooms reserved from Best Western site to take care of the guest who requested a handicap room. We do apologize for any inconvenience that occured during your visit and the couple who was left with a second floor room, who very well needed a first floor room but was not available at the time.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience that Best Western Riviera Inn strives for every day.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Conrad Reimche

Reviewed February 22, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Conrad R, Manager at Riviera Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel is ok. We stayed one night and that was enough. Room was clean and size was decent with fridge and microwave. Breakfast was the bare minimum. The hair dryer hardly worked, I had to hold it directly on my hair to feel the air. Location was good, close to the middle of town and the outlet mall.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, as we have installed new hair dryers and have replaced the burner plate of the waffle maker. As of right now we also have in the plans to expand our breakfast facility, so we can cater to more of our guest.

Thank you once again, from our entire team here a Best Western Riviera Inn.

Conrad R.

Conrad Reimche

Reviewed September 16, 2012

was just okay would have preferred a hotel closer to the beach. Coffee was terrible. Had trouble with getting waffle maker to work on last day. Beds were comfortable. We were short towels qnd had to go to office to get them ourselves instead of them delivering to the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here on a quick trip to the beach. Stayed in town for shopping. Not far from beach. Price decent, but expected interior entry. No adjoining rooms, but got side by side due to traveling with my Mom and kids. Nice location for shopping n dining

• Stayed: June 2012