“highly recommend”
Review of Riviera Inn

Riviera Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed October 31, 2011

first, I booked online which was much much cheaper, ( book 7 to 10 days in advance )
Stayed here several times and was very happy with the room and the office staff.
End units are the best, clean rooms, very comfortable beds. Screen tv, large bathroom.
Planning to return in April for 2 nights again.

Room Tip: corner unit - nonsmoking the best
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Donna H
There are newer reviews for Riviera Inn

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Our stay was very nice. We found the facility to be clean & comfortable and the staff to be courteous and friendly. I made the reservations online. Having questions I then located the phone # for the location and spoke with the front desk clerk @ the time. She was extremely helpful and very friendly. I found myself quite comfortable with my decision to book (2) rooms for my family. I even made a request that if they could please give us rooms beside each other. Of course, no promises were made, but I was assured that they would make every effort to try and make it happen if they could. Upon our arrival the clerk that checked us in identified herself as the young woman that I had spent time with on the phone after making the reservation. She was, again, very friendly and quite helpful. Again, answering all of my NEW questions about the area and dining. We are (2) 50 something and (2) 20 something adults, so, we have stayed at various motels/hotels through the years. This location is not a "luxury hotel", but it was never designed to be. It is a great place at a great price, that is clean, comfortable, courteous and quiet. The ONLY reason that we didn't give the rooms an excellant rating is because we like rooms to open to the inside for better security. This is something that obviously cannot be changed, so we're good with everything else.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank CatLadyJ
Reviewed July 5, 2009

we have been going down for the past 10or12 years it is quite and frendly place to stay when we go to the beach in gulf shores. we also stayed there when we went deep sea fishing in 04, they had a lady to come up and knock on the door to make sure we did not miss our tripthe people are so nice and helpful down there and they do not meet a stranger and willing to help out with infromation if they can . this place will be seeing us from now on , because it is a grate place to stay and i would recomend it to any one who is going to gulf shores alabama , they made us fill at home when we are away from home. thanks best western in foley

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Yes the people at this motel were very rude to me i was accused of havin 4 pets in my room, i was also accused of smokin in a non smokin room, yes i did have a pet and the front desk didn't speak of it being a non pet friendly motel, i got a call on saturday mornin statin that i would have to leave the motel cause the desk clerk was informed by her mananger that i had a pet in the room, so we checked out 10 minutes later i left the room very clean no mess at all, my dog weighted approx 13 ounces it didn't potty at all in the room an i was told i would be charged due to the desk clerk not informin me that they weren't a pet friendly motel, but my bank card was charged another 100 dollar fee anyways, i called the motel to speak to the mananger an i was told by louis that she would call me back but i never did hear from her so i called them back an he was very very rude an hang up on me an i still haven't received a phone call from the mananger of the motel, i strongley think that matters such as these should be confronted, dealt with in a manor of honesty. So my stays at any best western has become an issue over dishonesty employees. I recommond that people find a better place to stay don't go on the first impression of the factuilty of this Best Western Motel...

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lilmommaof4
Reviewed December 1, 2007

While on a charity motorcycle ride for children's illnesses in Fairhope, I booked this room for my husband and myself. The young man who checked us in was very nice, so we thought all was well. Although we are both trying to quit, I did book a non-smoking room because the smoking rooms always smell so bad. When we were there (only briefly for one night), and wanted to smoke, naturally we stepped OUTSIDE of the room. We even went out of our way to pick up the butts because they were unsightly and we are considerate of others. I am trying to break this habit spending over $100. monthly on RX Chantix.
Imagine our shock to receive a much higher bill than previously quoted-the reason being that they were convinced we had smoked in the room. "We could not possibly rent this room until we spent $50.00 cleaning out the smoke smell"...
Even though my husband went to corporate Best Western, we still were stuck with that cleaning charge.
We were given credit for our next Best Western stay; but, why in the world would we want to ever stay at another Best Western when in fact they had called us liars.
I know some of the housekeeping folks saw us outside-in bitter cold mind you-smoking.
A MOST unpleasant experience. We will never stay at Best Western anywhere again. Be careful with the management at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank caramba53
Reviewed May 26, 2007

This hotel needs a better management. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. They have poor service and an unprofessional staff. My friends and I reserved a non-smoking room. When we arrived at 3am the room reeked of smoke and there were cigarette burns on the covers. Sice we were so tired, we said "oh well" and let it go.

When we woke up, we called inquiring about the complimentary breakfast. They replied that they could only serve cereal and milk b/c there was no running water. I don't understand what running water has to do with a continental breakfast. We called the front desk about not being able to shower, they said it would turn back on at 10. We had to check out at 11. 10 o'clock rolls around and still no water. We call back and their response was the city turned it off so it wasn't their fault and we still had to be out by 11.

So then my friend and I walked up to the front desk and asked if we would get part of our money back or stay until the water came back on. They rudly replied no and weren't willing to compensate for our loss. After that response we got really frustrated and tried to explain that we were from out of town and had not showered since our departure from home. They still did not want to help us at all and looked at us as if we were over reacting about the situation.

When we asked to speak to with the manager they told us he had just left town and instructed them to not do anything about the problem b/c it was out of their control. We then called the Best Western headquarters hoping for help and were upset to find out they couldn't do anything either. The only thing they were going to do was put in a claim and wait for the management's response in 7days. They could've gotten their response right away if they had talked to them over the phone.

So after they failed to help us. We returned to our room and finished packing. When we finally checked out a little over 11 o'clock our bill was $133, they had charged us extra for not being out by 11.

The way they handled it was unacceptable. They obviously don't care about their customers. It was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I didn't even think they could treat people like this. Even after emailing them I still haven't gotten a response. I suggested contacting the better business bureau. It seems they've mistreated many of their customers and should not get away with ripping them off.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank LuvinDaSouth
Reviewed October 16, 2006

Our family arrived on a weekend without a reservation for a one night stay. Everything else in town was booked. We checked in, went to our room and were greeted with a musty, wet stench. The room was old and outdated. They have no cribs, so if you stay here with small children bring your own pack-n-play or crib. Easily one of the top five worst hotels I have ever stayed. The only positive aspect was it's proximity to the outlets.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Ryrox