“Customer Service needs improvement!”

Comfort Suites Foley
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked online and had the option of a King Suite or a Handicapped (accessible) King Suite. I chose the regular King Suite; however, when I got there, the girl at the desk gave us the handicapped room (which she didn't tell us--we found out after we arrived in the room). I immediately went back and told her that I specifically chose the regular room (NOT the handicapped room). She replied, "Well, that's all I have." What kind of customer service training did she go through? At least she could have apologized and tried to feel sympathetic. I was so upset because I had canceled our stay at the Marriott TownePlace in Pensacola for the same price -- stayed at TownePlace the next night (again for same price as Comfort Suites) -- TownePlace was a huge upgrade (VERY nice and extremely clean). At Comfort Suites, our room was on the end near the door. It was very noisy and many people let their kids run the halls. The sofa sleeper was a joke. My daughter laid on it and literally starting sinking down through the springs. The worst thing was when we arrived, the bed was disheveled. A little suspicious, we pulled the comforter back and one side of the sheets looked like they had been slept on. My husband and I kept thinking surely these sheets had been changed, but looking closer there were hairs on the wrinkled sheets. My husband immediately left out to get housekeeping to change the sheets. We don't know for certain if the sheets had not been changed, but we definitely were not going to take a chance! Housekeeping was not very friendly when she came to change the sheets! The bathroom did not "feel" clean. On the plus side...the room was spacious and the king bed was comfy (after we got clean sheets). Breakfast was filling. We usually try to stay at Comfort Suites when we travel, but this is one Comfort Suites that we will never return to.

1  Thank keno68
Comfort_Foley, General Manager at Comfort Suites Foley, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

When a guest books a room online, that then puts booking issues out of the control of the property. The property does not choose what type of room the guest books when its online the individual making the reservation is in control of that factor. If the property is sold out then we can only put the guest in the room type that "they" booked themselves. If the reservation was prepaid through online then all changes must be made through the same booking engine as the original reservation. Unfortunately, when it comes to the duvets that our comforters are inserted in and then put over the bed, it is virtually impossible to get them completely flat and straight, I can assure you that all of our bedding gets washed daily once the room has been used.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Foley

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Foley, Alabama for an end of summer trip with my children and had a great experience. The rooms were large suites, the breakfast was great, and more than anything the all the staff at the hotel were wonderful. Will definately go back next year!!!

Room Tip: All rooms were large suites
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_Foley, General Manager at Comfort Suites Foley, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Suites in Foley, Alabama. We are striving to provide our guests with the best possible customer service as well as the most comfortable stay. We look forward to having you and your family stay with again in the future. We want to ensure that all of our guests feel appreciated for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The room smelled mildewy and we found mildew spots on some of the furniture. The hotel was full so there wasn't another room.
The swimming pool had a bad case of bathtub ring. There was a black ring around it. It wasn't much bigger either, but it was indoors so you could use it rain or shine. I worked at pools growing up, so I know what one should look like. The water didn't smell or feel right either, lack of the proper amount of chemicals. Breakfast bar was fine and it isn't too far from the beach. I did tell the check out person and they seemed concerned. So......

1  Thank GITANO58
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The room was very nice. We had a king suite which had a sofa with pull out bed. My daughter really enjoyed the indoor pool. Breakfast was also great. Employees were very nice especially housekeeping ladies and the lady they helped out with the breakfast. Prices were lower than most hotels. I thought since the prices were so low, there would be problems with our room. But overall, we could not have chosen a better hotel. There were eating places right next to hotel, a Dollar General across the street, Walmart and gas stations nearby and also it was right down from the Tanger Outlet Mall. We also met some really nice people. The hotel was never loud or very crowed, which was a plus. Last but not least, there is a laundry room on the thrid floor. This was handy because I could do laundry and not have to go to other places. We will stay here next time we are in town!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent 1 night in a King "Suite" at the Comfort Suites in Foley on the Friday before July 4th. Located near lots of restaurants and very close to Tanger outlets. Short drive to Gulf Shores beaches and attractions. The king suite included a small sofa & coffee table, desk with lamp, very small closet, small dorm-size refrigerator, microwave & coffee pot. Fine location for a short stay.

Pros: Affordable price close to the beach. Large, clean room. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Free breakfast. Safe area. Convenient location. Well stocked with towels, wash cloths, etc.

Cons: Suite had a mini-fridge, not the full size refrigerator found in many of the other chain suites; so no freezer space and very limited refrigerator space. This normally would be fine for a 1 night stay but not for an extended stay; problematic for this short stay b/c there was no way to keep food, drink & ice packs cold for the beach volleyball tournament the next a.m. (the reason for the trip). Door to hall had large gaps between the frame and the door which allowed a significant amount of light and noise into the room. Under window air conditioning unit was not on when we arrived and took several hours to cool the room in the 90+ degree and was somewhat noisy throughout the night (on the bright side the air condition hum provided "white noise" that helped with the hallway noise). The "gourmet hot breakfast" consisted of those perfectly shaped egg rounds and some unidentifiable gravy (no sausage or bacon or other breakfast meat). Very few options for gluten-intolerant child.

Overall a nice stay and good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with a wonderful staff!! The rooms were large and very clean. The hot breakfast and indoor pool was also great! It was located close to the Gulf Shores beaches and across the street from Tanger Outlet so the location was perfect. Had restaurants with walking distance also. We will definately be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed 1 night at this hotel over memorial day weekend. I was assigned a handicap room even though it was not required. The room was on the first floor, end of hall, across from stairway and end door which went to the smoking area. Traveling alone I just did not feel safe. Lots of hall traffic. Noisy. The bathroom shower was moldy and filthy..so much so I would not even take a shower although my vehicle air conditioner had died 2 hrs away and I REALLY needed one. There was a 'guarantee' statement that if there are ANY issues to go to the front desk and they would make it right. The front desk response person was extremely rude - nothing she could do. DID I WANT TO CHECK OUT? Reallly? that is Comfort Suites quality policy at work? I can understand if they do not have another room - but at least an 'I am sorry' or 'Let me get housekeeping? ' or 'if we have a cancellation we will move you'???? I have stayed at other Comfort hotels and was happy - but this one needs to be updated and the staff reminded that the customer should be treated with respect. I left 3 messages with 3 different people for the manager to CALL me...I was not pleased. SHE NEVER CALLED. No missed calls. After a week I called the customer complaint department and upon checking they said it was noted she had emailed me...which is not what I asked for and I NEVER received, not even in spam. When I asked for a refund customer complaint said the manager had to approve it...how would that work if you cannot even get a response from her? I travel alot but this group of hotels is now permanently OFF my stay list. Have NOTHING good to say. Would give it 1/2 star if that was a choice. This location seems to totally ignore the quality policy, manager never on premises, and they do not care about the paying customers. Would it not have been simpler to accept responsibility and just say I am sorry at the beginning than have a totally disatisfied customer who will let all her social media and friends know not to do business with this hotel chain? OH and get rid of the manager if she cannot do her job!!!!

Room Tip: do not stay here - especially in the handicap suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Localmom2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foley
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
#1 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Foley / Gulf Shores

Been to Comfort Suites Foley? Share your experiences!