“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Portabella's
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Foley
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gulf Breeze, Florida, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, service, prices. Would recommend to anyone. Had pizza and chicken pasta. Small place - group larger than six may have to wait.

1 Thank Carl W

Foley, Alabama
“Best Pizza Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a small quaint restaurant with really good pizza and other dishes. Small but worth a visit. This is a place many locals eat at regularly.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank James B
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Liked the food and the service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This place was recommended by some local folks. We were not disappointed! The veggie pizza and Sicillian pasta were excellent. Service was great. We will visit there again!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ML
“Great food every time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The best pizza and Italian food around. We especially like the pizzas. They are made with fresh ingredients and choices are offered to suit meat-lovers and fresh vegetable lovers too.

• Visited April 2014
Satsuma, Alabama
“Oh my goodness!! Quality italian food I've been searching for in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Today at lunch was my first visit & it's a little hard to find because it's in the downtown area of Foley in the same building as a fish market and the front is a little nondescript......; however,....it's more than worth the hunt!! I walked in and saw that it's a small hole-in-the-wall with not much personality but who cares if the food is good. Was going to order a pizza but the very courteous, sweet server let me know that pasta is quicker if I was on my lunch break and in a hurry and I wasn't; however, I thought it was nice that she informed me of that. I am a sucker for pasta so started looking at the list & saw meat balls. They had a choice of full or half order so I got the reasonably priced half order. It was two really large meatballs on angel hair with a wonderful sauce that I thought may be marinara. It also came with a knot roll; seeing the roll I thought it was an ordinary dinner roll which doesn't go well with Italian food but when I bit into it I was pleasantly surprised that it was a warm, soft, garlicky roll that was perfect with the food. The only negative if at all is that I would have preferred to have a little larger serving of the pasta because my meatballs & sauce needed just a little more & I may have gotten some if I had asked, however; it may have been plenty of pasta for someone else...I just love pasta. I am a foodie and wonderful cook myself so I am very critical of restaurant food, no criticism here. Another thing I liked about the restaurant is that the cooking area was behind a small bar so you could see the chef behind the counter putting the very hot and freshly cooked food up on the counter top for the servers to pick up. Wish we lived a little closer (live north of Mobile) so I can go back often to try different things. Got on fb to tell my friends about Portabella's since many of them come that way frequently. I give it a 9.5 out of 10!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pat S

Been to Portabella's? Share your experiences!