“Watch pricing on regular menu to lunch menu.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #39 of 130 Restaurants in Foley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stopped for lunch and sat at the bar, which is usual for us if there is room. It wasn't crowded, the bartender was fast and friendly. As soon as I saw the grilled cheese and tom/basil soup, I went no further until I saw my husband reading the lunch menu. The regular sandwich menu has a full grilled cheese(4 cheese, I think) and tom/basil soup for $6.99. The lunch menu has a pick your favorite kind of thing. One selection was a 1/2 grilled cheese and tom/basil soup for $6.99!!! Hello! I asked the bartender if I was reading this right and she said yes. As far as we could tell, the bread and cheese was the same, as was the size of soup. Not that I needed it, but I went for the full one. The soup was hot and excellent. The sandwich was dry! How can that be? The only think I could think of was the cheese wasn't really melted enough but the bread would have been burnt had it been cooked longer. The flavor was good though. My husband did the combo thing too but had the BLT and a salad. His was good and enjoyed them both. Applebee's is pretty consistently good, so we will probably stop again.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in and service and food were great. Only thing I would have enjoyed was Alabama game playing. But that was PPV. Can't have it all.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Service was great at this restaurant. We were seated very quickly. Our server was quite patient when we couldn't figure out what we wanted. The appetizer (spinach dip) was delicious but overpriced. The food in all was very good.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ordered appetizer for three, barely enough for one.
Food was average
Waitress was OK
Atmosphere was good.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Zach the manager personally checked on our table of four several times as did he with others as well. The food was excellent as well as the service. How many times does a manager take the time to greet people at the door plus check on them at the table. Prices can't be beat. Our waiter was named Zach also. Thank you both for everything.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!