“Wonderful Experience - We met the new owners who are local members”

Glenlakes Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the best values on the Gulf Coast.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience - We met the new owners who are local members”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I play a round or two at Glenlakes every time we get back to Gulf Shores for our annual vacation. Our most recent visit before this one was in August 2013. Since our last trip it seems like lots has changed at Glenlakes. We have always enjoyed the course and the value has always been great, but this time we learned the course was under new ownership. And we actually had the pleasure of meeting some of the new owners who happen to be the local members. The round of golf was wonderful, the course was in the best shape we have ever seen it in, the new greens are amazing and the price point was still extremely affordable. I think the price could easily double and still be considered a good value compared to some other courses we've visited in the Gulf Shores area.

After our round we stopped in the new bar and restaurant and again were extremely surprised to see an updated menu and new energy in the bar area. We ended up sitting next to a small group at the bar who happened to be a few of the new owners. We hadn't planned on hanging around, but we ended up enjoying cocktails and fun conversations with them for an hour or more. We had a blast thanks to the new local owners!

A great golf experience, a ridiculous value, wonderful people and just all-in-all a lot of fun! If you are in the Gulf Shores area I recommend making it a point to see this great locally owned golf course.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Thomas-360-T

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great course!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had the pleasure of playing 18 of the 27 holes here a few months back and I have to say, what a great place for the price. I've played quite of few of the local courses and spent 2 to 3X the money at those other tracks. This course definitely holds up against any course in the region and is simply a much better value. The people are also extremely friendly!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Blake H
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently went on vacation with my family and myself along with my two brother in laws always try to play at least 3 rounds. We played Peninsula first, which I had no problems with whatsoever. It was about $95 per player, but the course itself wasn't special. It's was in good shape and everyone was friendly. We then planned to play GlenLakes and Kiva Dunes. We decided to play GlenLakes first. The staff was absolutely amazing. They were very hospitable and couldn't have been nicer. I though it was every bit as good as Peninsula and even in better shape. We all decided that we would play our 3rd round at GlenLakes and skip the $79 fee at Kiva Dunes which was at our back door. I think the only reason GlenLakes was $30 cheaper is because it was about 5-7 miles inlet. I've played some very nationally ranked courses and you aren't going to get that here, but you will have a fun round and each hole is unique.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Haiku78
Montgomery, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GlenLakes Golfing Experience”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

If your looking for a great affordable golf outing that is challanging, this is the place to be. The two nines are so different, play the Lakes to the Dunes. The Dunes Nine is the way to finish a great round of golf. I play it everytime I go for a visit to the Foley area. Friendly staff and the 19th hole is worth visiting.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank CluAnn
Foley, Alabama
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice Course to Play in Foley-Gulf Shores”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This course is owned by Local members. There are 27 holes and the 3 nine holes are all distinct and enjoyable. Nice Clubhouse with Pro shop, and food service is available. The local courses are heavily played but this is one that is easy for all to enjoy.....Great People!!!

Visited May 2014