“Incredible Chicago pizza - Very Similar to Lou Malnati's”
Review of Chicago Pizzeria and Pub - CLOSED

Chicago Pizzeria and Pub
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was born and raised in Chicago and lived there up until I was 26. Having been fairly obsessed with Chicago pizza my entire life I can say without a doubt that Chicago Pizzeria & Pub is the real deal. They use the highest quality ingredients and in the many times I've been there the service has been consistently prompt and friendly. Their pizza is most like Lou Malnati's in Chicago. And just to clarify, it is deep dish, it is not stuffed pizza such as Giordano's. And it is far superior to the Pizzeria Uno chains that you can find in most large cities across the country. In particular, the sauce on this pizza is extraordinary and very flavorful. The sauce is probably the first place a restaurant will go wrong with a Chicago style pizza, and it's a fatal flaw if done wrong, but in this, Chicago Pizzeria & Pub hits it out of the park - their sauce easily stands alongside of actual Chicago pizzerias in terms of quality and flavor. If you're looking for authentic Chicago deep dish pizza along the Gulf coast, this is the place.

They also tend to feature some really good local brews if you're into beer.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Grew up in Chicago and know what real Chicago Pizza taste like. This is the best Pizza I have had in years. The owners were there and what nice people they are. They make everyone feel at home. They have a wall that people sign and license plates from all over on the walls. I know this place is well worth the price. Deep Dish is terrific. You have to try the Chicago Sluggers for an appetizer! Don't know of any place in the South with better pizza or service!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was in Chicago in September and had my first Chicago deep dish and fell in love. This laborer day my wife,son and I were in foley while on vacation and saw this restaurant on tripadvisor and I told them we had to stop and try it since they were not with me in September. We waited and it was sooooooooooo worth it. It tasted just like the deep dish I had in Chicago which was awesome because now my wife knows why I rant and raved about Chicago deep dish. She loved it and was worth the visit. It's a small place but very nice,the manager was very friendly as the staff was also.he keeled my son entertained while we waited and would stop in if we're ever that way again. Real Deal!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Visit this restraunt when ever were in town never disappoints us. Food is very good and the owners and staff are always the friendliest around.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend who hales from Chicago and I stopped in to see if it was the real deal and it was!!!
We had the personal deep dish.
Sauce and sweet Italian sausage were awesome!!
Aaron the manager provided great service. Met the owners who are indeed from Chicago.
If you want fantastic pizza this is the place to go! We will definitely go back!