“Excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Excellent place. Service, salad bar and food excellent. Waited only a short time on Saturday night for a table for two. Had oysters and shrimp and mai mai both excellent. Meals large. We ordered smoked tuna also. It was great but was not needed.

Linzfff, Public Relations Manager at Wolf Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Wolf Bay Lodge and for the kind words! We know that you have a lot of dining options along our Gulf Coast and are so very appreciative you decided to give us a try. We look forward to having you join us in the future and thanks again for the great review!!!

There are newer reviews for Wolf Bay Lodge

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My parents love this place, especially at lunchtime with their awesome lunch specials. I tried it today and all I can say is WOW! If you like a good, fresh salad bar be sure to give theirs a try. They had an outstanding BLT Pasta Salad on the bar as well other pasta salads that looked wonderful! Honestly, before I even got my main course I had decided I'd be returning based on the salad. I ordered the lunch snapper blackened. It came with a one trip salad bar, choice of potato or rice and hush puppies. The fish was, as my three year old said, outstanding! My mom had the fried flounder which she enjoyed and my dad enjoyed blackened grouper.
Our waitress Brandi was wonderful. I rarely order my daughter her own meal because she is three. I told Brandi that she would be eating with me and she brought us another salad bowl and told to take my daughter up to the salad bar with me and get some things she wanted. The hostess Stella who went by Molly was also wonderful! On our way out our waitress stopped and said that the chef who cooked the outstanding fish wanted to meet us. His name was Ron I believe. He was so kind to our daughter. He got at eye level and chatted with us and brought her a frisbee.
We had such a wonderful experience and we will be returning soon!

We are so happy that you had a great experience at Wolf Bay Lodge and took the time to tell others about it! We try so hard for every guest to have a 5 star experience from the moment they walk in the door so it does our hearts good to hear from our customers! Thanks for the great feedback and please know that we will be sharing your review with our team!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a great locally owned Restaurant that has been in business for many years. It is a favorite of many locals and guests. It can be a bit pricey but the food is very good and fresh. The best dishes are fried seafood....Try the scallops

Thanks SO much for your great review and for being such a wonderful customer! We are so thankful that you choose Wolf Bay Lodge as we know you have so many dining options on the Gulf Coast. Thanks again for everything!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been to this restaurant before and either the food was not hot or it is over cooked. Seems like when they are slammed with business the food is not so good.

Thanks for your feedback regarding Wolf Bay Lodge. We apologize for your less than acceptable experience and please know that our management team will definitely be discussing the food temperature issue that you brought to our attention. We strive so very hard for each and every guest to have nothing less than a 5 star experience with great service and the freshest, highest quality & best prepared meals. Thanks for taking the time to review us and please give us another try!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My family visited Wolf Bay Lodge last Saturday night. We arrived around 5:30, and the place was packed. There were 6 of us, so naturally we had to wait 30-45 minutes. Our waitress was very friendly and pretty quick considering how busy they were. The salad bar is pretty standard, nothing "wow" worthy, but nothing bad either. I'm allergic to shellfish and don't care for most other fish, so I ordered the filet mignon, which I was a bit nervous about since this is primarily a seafood restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my steak was quite good and cooked as requested! Most of the other people in my party got seafood, and they all seemed to really enjoy their meals. In my opinion, the prices are decent; it's not notably inexpensive, but I wouldn't call it overpriced either. To sum it up, it was an enjoyable experience!

1  Thank Kim W
Linzfff, Public Relations Manager at Wolf Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

We are glad that you had an enjoyable experience. Like you mentioned, we are definitely known for our seafood...however, we do take pride in our certified Angus beef and are so happy that you liked your entree! Thanks for choosing Wolf Bay Lodge and for taking the time to give us a review!