“Whats the price?”
Review of Super 8 Foley

Super 8 Foley
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Key West Inn in Foley, Al was an ok hotel. The rooms were clean, but they were very outdated. The beds were a hard, but they were stain free with clean sheets and blankets. However, the blankets looked very old. The water was hot, and the tubs were mold free.
I had few issues with this hotel. First, I called and asked for the rate. I was told 47.99, but I was charged 72.00 at check-in. I was too tired to complain. About 9:30am, the cleaning man opened our door. Thankfully, the door latch was on. If not, he would have walked in on us getting dressed.
All and all, it was ok for the night. I do not think it we will be making a return trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 14, 2010

We had two no pets / no smoking rooms (and added one during the weekend) and it was great for us. The location weighed heavily on our decision to stay there. We booked through priceline.com, and the final bill was even less than what we expected to pay when we made the reservations. Food places all around. Ruby Tuesday's right next door. The remodeled rooms were clean and spacious. The pool is small, but the water temperature was pefect. The ladies at the front desk were very polite and helpful. We all will be returning to Foley occasionally, and when we do, we'll be staying at the Key West Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank uvdrums
Reviewed August 8, 2010

This hotel needs much improvement the walls in the room that my family and I was in had holes in the wall, and the room overall just didn't smell clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jones4612
Reviewed August 7, 2010

This is coming from a cheap lodger. I like to stay as cheap as I can so I have more $ to have fun. My husband and I, our 3 kids, & my inlaws shared a room. It was a king bed and a sofa bed. The kids slept on a pallate on the floor from blankets we brought from home. So it only cost $98 a night split 2 ways. There was dirty clothes & sheets left in the sofa bed which leads me to believe they are not thorough. They acted put out when we complained about it. They didn't give us clean sheets for it. We had to go back down and get them. There were no pillows for the pull out bed so back down we went and they had to go search for one and it was filthy. The room we had was very spacious though. I would not stay here again.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

WE GOT THERE the sheets and bedspread were dirty ! got new one but not much better ,the floor was nasty and the whole room smelled !!!!!!! WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BEADS WERE WORN OUT I THINK IT LACKS OWNERSHIP JUST DONT CARE !!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bretteastwood
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I book with Hotwire all the time, and they've only recently let me down. Well, after this stay I can say that I'm NEVER using them again. They said this was a 2 star hotel with free hot breakfast, pool, & high speed internet for $76/night. I was going to review this hotel (excuse me, MOTEL, from back in the day) last night, but the "free high speed internet" actually belonged to the brand-new, REALLY nice Comfort Suites 50 ft behind our motel parking lot. The pool was VERY small (about 15 ft long & 8 ft wide) & really nasty the first day. After a horrible night's sleep on what I think were concrete mattresses, we went to the motel "lobby" for our "free hot breakfast" which consisted of a bag of bagels, cream cheese, and a basket of microwaveable grits & oatmeal. All this was displayed on top of a huge deep freezer in the middle of the "lobby!!" There was a gallon of milk & Sunny D "sweating" in what appeared to be a wine chiller. Needless to say, there was NO WAY me or my children were eating that food, and we went to the nearest Waffle House. I remember thinking to myself, "Are these people for real?!?!" It was absolutely the biggest let-down I have EVER had as far as hotels are concerned. PLEASE do yourself a favor & pay the $20 extra bucks to stay in the Comfort Suites directly behind this motel. It is brand new and DEFINITELY worth the extra money. Or, there is an EconoLodge about 1/4 mi. down the road that advertised all rooms for $59.95/night (w/ pool, internet & hot brekfast- whatever that means) & looked ALOT nicer than the dump we stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ALTravelingmom
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We arrived in Foley late and needed a hotel that would take our dog. It was pouring rain, we were tired, and had not done our homework so we stumbled upon the Key West Inn , and I knew they were dog friendly. I learned my lesson and will research hotels before leaving home!

The desk clerk told me the rate was $79.00 per night plus $20.00 for our dog and I was so tired I paid it without checking on an AARP discount. The room was dirty and smelled like urine (not sure if it was dog or human) and the hotel was very noisy with other people letting their pets back constantly late into the night. After a restless night, I asked the desk clerk about the AARP discount. He asked me what I paid and when I told him $79.00, he laughed and said they did have an AARP discount. I asked for my bill to be adjusted but he told me it was too late. When I complained about the noise and the condition of the room, he acted as if he didn't care and did not comment.

I have read good reviews previously on other Key West Inns but I would be afraid to ever stay at one again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple