“Glad we stopped”

Fish River Grill #2
Ranked #2 of 118 Restaurants in Foley
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
franklin
“Glad we stopped”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner after being cooped up for 2 days with Isaac. Really good food. I tried the swamp soup which is basically a southern version of italian greens and beans. Very good!the cajun crawfish shooters were great and so was the slaw. My husband got the mushroom burger and it was huge!I wanted dessert but was TOO full!! I recommend this restaurant.like the others said,don't be fooled by the outside!!

1 Thank indianasunshine261

“Fried food delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

If you like fried food this place is pretty good. I would have liked a gulf fish fried or broiled entree. The atmosphere was nice with live music and the server was very nice. If you are a veggie or watching your calories, you can get your daily allowance of calories here in one sitting. I enjoyed the meal as the food was good ole fry house food. The fried green tomatoes appetizer was tasty.

Fletcher, North Carolina
“Great Food without the wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

As others say, thumbs up on the Swamp Soup. Even my pickey 6 year old enjoyed it! The crawfish bullets were something new to me and a good choice! Live music the night we were there which was an unexpected plus. It was loud, just enjoyable. Friendly service. A great place to go to get away from the crowds and have good food!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SouthernLivingNC
Foley, Alabama
“Go Where the Local Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Most wouldn't stop here because it is located in a strip mall on the north side of Foley, however, we were glad we did. We expected a small place, but it was quite spacious. Swamp soup comes with everything and it was delicious. I wouldn't put white beans and collard greens at the top of my list, but this soup was delicious. My husband had the Hillbilly melt. It was served on Texas toast and quite good. I had the blue burger with bacon. It was also excellent and you could actually taste the blue cheese. I usually try to eat healthy, even at restaurants. I didn't, but they did have a nice selection of salads so I could have. The fish dishes also looked great and we will try them next time. Service was fast and attentive. I'm sure we will make this a regular haunt.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank LAtraveler36542
FL
“That Swamp Soup place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Every meal starts with a tiny cup of Swamp Soup, a concoction of greens, white beans, black beans tiny bits of sausage, and wonderful flavors. I was apprehensive but it turned out to be fantastic. My spouse had the Fried Shrimp and said it was probably the best fried shrimp ever. I had absolutely one of the most memorable foods I’ve ever had the pleasure to taste -- the Cajun Crawfish Pistols, a stuffed version of Beignets. They were served at the perfect temperature and were so good my spouse wanted to go back the next day to “that Swamp Soup place” to order the Crawfish Pistols. On the second day I had a ‘Shroom Burger and it was a perfectly cooked, extremely good hamburger. It came with lettuce, tomato, onion, mushrooms and cheese. The service and the food were excellent two days in a row. They have the recipe for success – consistently good food and friendly service. We will definitely return!

• Visited July 2012