Tripadvisor
Search

“Disappointed”

Paula Deen's Family Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Foley
Description: Paula Deen's Family Kitchen offers guests classic Deen Family recipes, such as Southern-Style entrees, delicious side dishes, and mouth-watering desserts in a family-style setting. Serving up lunch and dinner, the full-service dining area will provide the perfect spot to enjoy a meal with family and friends at the South's newest entertainment and resort destination, OWA, in Foley, Alabama.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you have a large appetite, this may be the place for you. But for my husband and me, it is not. We walked out without ordering. It would have cost over $40 and we would not be able to eat all the food or dessert. This would not have been a problem if we could take home our leftovers. But no take out boxes are allowed.

1  Thank r0selier
Write a reviewReviews (208)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the time you walk in the door you feel at home. This is our third visit and they never let us down. Jakob was our server, and he was very attentive and knowledgeable. .

2  Thank CelticNomadataka
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went on a Sunday for lunch! The restaurant was clean and the staff greeted us and were very friendly!! Our waitress was very prompt, friendly and made us feel right at home! She quickly told us about the menu! We ordered our entrees and they arrived promptly!! The food was delicious!! We also visited gift shop! I would highly recommend Paula Deens!! Great experience!! Can't wait to go back!!!

3  Thank Rick C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very excited to visit the new Family Kitchen in Foley, AL. I didn't know anything about the restaurant, so upon being seated I was explained how it worked. I'm a single diner 99% of the time. I love trying new places! As others have explained you pick 2 or 3 "meats" and 4 sides for one price. And you can only take home your dessert. I told the waitress, that's a load of food! There was no reduced price for a single person. I wish I would have left at that point, but I didn't. I did the 2 "meats" and 4 sides. It was overwhelming for one person. I had to leave half or a bit more of the food I paid for knowing they would place it in the trash. I think that upset me the most. The food tasted good, which is why I say very good. But my experience was very disappointing. The waitress said she was going to show the manager how much food I had left, but that didn't change anything. Will never go again as a single diner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here with our family last night. We have some picky eaters. It was a little tense in the beginning trying to decide on entrees and sides. Finally decided and everything was great. Fried chicken, yummy, spare ribs were ok. Sides, yams were perfect, creamy potatoes were awesome as was mac and cheese. Cheese biscuits . Our server was terrific and we are not easy people. 4 of use were in the restaurant business. After having second thoughts and almost leaving I'm so glad we stayed. Perfect night.

Date of visit: January 2020

Been to Paula Deen's Family Kitchen? Share your experiences!