“Feels authentic”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Feels authentic”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Turkish food prepared fresh upon order. Be prepared to wait a few minutes. Not too crazy about the balsamic dressing on the Greek salad, but loved the hummus, stuffed grape leaves, and spanakopita.

Visited August 2014

Fairhope, Alabama
“Best Gyros We've Ever Had!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was about my third trip to John's and it definitely won't be the last. If you want fast food, go elsewhere--John's gyros are worth the wait. Seems he told me his Mom makes the Baklava; he himself made our gyros (try the lamb!). I've had their spinakopita (sp) and that's excellent as well.
The dining room is small, so it's not currently amenable for large groups; but while we were there, several people came in for take-out. If you are part of a large group, call ahead, order, pick up your dinner, then go sit in the nearby park, or outside under the trees, to enjoy your meal.

• Visited July 2014
Malta, New York
“Great gyro in Foley”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

First time here. My wife and i stopped by for lunch. Good gyro and fries. Good baclava. Quick pleasant service.

• Visited February 2014
El Dorado, Arkansas
“New location in Gulf Shores, AL...next to a souvenir shop with a purple octopus”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Needed to stop for some quick lunch and happened upon this place. I love gyros so I thought I would give it a try. Left my girlfriends in the vehicle because they thought I was nuts going in there. I got them to open there minds...they ended up ordering after seeing and tasting my gyro. I got a Hummus Gyro with cucumber sauce and a greek side salad. YUMMY..also tried some spinach pie..delish!! I would def eat there again..very friendly and nice folks..really clean.

• Visited May 2013
Foley, Alabama, USA
“Nice little gyro stop.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

You wouldn't think Foley would be home to one of the more homely and tasty gyro shops around, but here it is... John's. They have a decent gyro that more than satisfies a craving (especially when you don't want to drive on to Mobile for something better) and a good Greek style salad.

It's a really humble little hole in the wall and all the better for it.

• Visited April 2013