“We will be back!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We took a very spur of the moment trip to the beach with my 11 year old and didn't have a fortune to spend. We decided to stay in Foley and drive the 9 miles to Gulf Shores beaches to save a little money. Called and made the reservation the same day we left and didn't have any problems. Room was very clean and modern. No foul smells. Staff was very nice and helpful. The internet wasn't working very well while we were there which was a little of an inconvenience since my husband needed to be checking his work emails, but that is the only drawback we could find. The breakfast was very nice, gravy and biscuits, pastries, cereal, you can make your own waffles, toast, grits or oatmeal so there is something for everyone. Nice pool and hot tub, With the public beaches at the Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores it was well worth staying in Foley and making the drive to there to save money!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Chris S, Manager Lisa Couch at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I made a reservation a month before checking in, requested a room on the ground floor on the poolside. Was told that they could not guarantee that but that they would add this in the notes. The day before our very long drive to Gulf Shores, I called the motel again to ensure everything was okay with my reservation, I again repeated, ground floor, poolside. They confirmed that everything was ready to go. Upon checking in, Dennis told us that our room would be on the 3rd floor!! I told him about my reservation that was made a month ago and also that I had called just yesterday and staff had confirmed that all was well with my request. He said he had taken my reservation and reminded me that it was not guaranteed that I would be on the ground floor, pool side. He was condescending, bordering on rude. He finally offered me another room on the 2nd floor poolside. Why he didn't offer that to me to begin with, I don't know. He said they had several stay-overs that night on the poolside ground floor. However, even though we were staying three nights, he did not offer to move us to a ground floor room for the following night or the next. We ended up dragging our cooler, towels, etc. up and down the steps and walking to the other side of the complex for the elevator the entire trip. It was exhausting. He was training a new staff member, Courtney, who tried very hard to provide positive customer service. But maybe management should get someone else to train new staff as Dennis does not seem to be skilled in helping to fulfill guess requests and I don't think he cares. Beware Echo lodge, if he acted that way with me, he's doing it across the board. On the positive side, the grounds were well-kept and attractive. The pool was nice but had several drunk men hanging out there on one occasion. We had to go back to our room as they were creepy. The room was nice and clean. Loved the white down comforters on the bed! Very nice touch. We had timely maid service throughout our stay. Breakfast was good, attendant there was friendly. I also spoke with a housekeeper who was nice so I have to believe that for the most part, the attitude toward customers is a positive one. Bhey checked me out in the morning and was pleasant but did not ask me how my stay was. I was handed my receipt with a "thanks" and a smile. I would probably stay again. Advice to travelers: Don't expect room requests to be honored and avoid condescending check-in staff.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter when you make a reservation, don't expect room requests to be honored so r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Chris S, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

First I would like to say, I am truly sorry for your other than perfect stay at our hotel! I have addressed this situation and provided some retraining also! I would love to talk further about this issue if you could contact me directly at the property! Lisa Couch

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel grounds were well kept. The pool area was clean and very pretty. The hotel rooms were modernly decorated and a nice size. We were on the back side facing the pool and despite the pool being full until closing at 11 p.m., our room was very quite and we had no problems in it. The beds were okay, not very comfortable, but not uncomfortable either. The front desk staff were all very nice and professional. Always a friendly hello and a smile. The breakfast left something to be desired. More of a continental breakfast rather then a hot breakfast. No eggs, bacon, sausage. Only cereals, pastries, and a waffle maker. No milk by the time we went down at 8 a.m. The hotel itself needs a little TLC and fresh paint, but overall, quite comfortable stay in great location.

Room Tip: We stayed in 223 facing the pool. No traffic and decent sized.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the geart review! I am excited to say we are now offer more selections on our menu! Please come back and stay with us so that you can experience our new menus!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed 4 nights, and this place was very nice. Everyone who worked there was very nice. The night we checked in it had been raining, and there was a lot of frog's in the back of hotel which made a lot of noise, but after the rain quit we did not hear them anymore. Nice that it is close to outlet mall and other shopping in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Lisa Couch Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel! We love to here from our guest!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was very surprise at how clean the room was and odor free. Now the bathroom tub did look old but other than that my stay was pleasant. The price was very Nice. I enjoyed the hot every night I stayed. It was only a seven minute drive to the Beautiful Beach which was perfect for the price. I will be back :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I was excited to sare your review with our team members today to show them that all of there hard work is paying off! Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Came to the beach for a honeymoon & found this hotel in Foley. We felt very comfortable at this hotel, & that says a lot from me. I am very weary about hotel rooms & where I stay!The rooms were very clean & smelled great! All of the staff were friendly!Very clean & comfortable bedding!! no bugs in sight!! We actually decided to stay an extra night! So glad we chose the econo lodge for our stay! It is a little distance from the beach, but you can't beat the price & the service you get here! It was worth the drive to the beach staying here!! Keep up the good work econo lodge!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for the Great Review!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Best looking Econo lLodge I have ever stayed at. Rooms have contemporary decor with moderately sized flat panel TV. Nice hot breakfast, but we travel too much to eat that way. Nice swimming pool and Hot Tub selections are 2-5-10 or 15 minutes. Many restaurants to choose from. Across the street from Tanger Outlet Stores. Walmart just down the street.

Room Tip: Visit the Train Museum downtown Foley. Pleasantly surprised. Walking trail from museum goes through...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our hotel! Foley is a gem of a city close to everything the gulf resort area of Alabama has to offer. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as you headquarters during your visit!