“A Great Introduction to Kayaking”

BeachnRiver Canoe and Kayak Rentals
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Foley
More attraction details
Owner description: A float from BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals begins at river's end of the Bon Secour River --- a river rich with history, intrigue and plenty of photo opportunities.
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Introduction to Kayaking”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had always wanted to try kayaking living on the Gulf Coast and my husband and I decided one day to call BeachnRiver on a Saturday. River Rick was so nice showing us how to get in and directing us on where the river runs, shallow spots, etc. We launched a kayaks with ease and set out on a day that truly changed our lives. We were awestruck at the beauty and peacfulness of the river. We went back several times that summer as it became our hobby. This summer we invested in our own kayaks and have seen Rick and Betty several times along the river bank. We told them how much we fell in love with kayaking and that we see their guest on the river all the time. Everyone we have chatted with feel the same way we do and usually are planning another trip with BeachnRiver before the vacation ends. If you are a local or down here visiting this is a MUST DO on your vacation! You won't forget the great time you will have.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Alyson M

Anderson, Missouri
“Great time!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to take this kayak trip together. We got separate kayaks and I was a little nervous as this was my first time, but River Rick made sure I was confortable before taking off. I handled my kayak with no problem whatsoever, and we had the best time. It was probably the highlight of our trip. We will definitely go again when we come down for my daughter's graduation trip, and take the whole family. It is well worth the money.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Deneejones
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beach 'n River Kayaking - A GREAT Experience for All!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our family has been visiting Gulf Shores for 15 years and found Beach n River just a couple of years ago. We are avid calm - low rapid kayakers and the experience we found with River Rick and Beachin' Betty is one that we've repeated and will continue to do on each future visit to the area. Their hospitality is unequaled in the "tourist" business - they are friendly, giving, prompt and ready when we arrive, return phone calls, explain everything clearly (as does their facebook page) and treat us as guests to their home, not people paying to be there. And they don't know us from Adam, so I expect they treat everyone this way. They have provided really nice "extras" that are not part of the service, but they do just because they are thoughtful and nice - from a hat for someone who forgot it, to taking pictures as we depart, to a popscicle when we return, to their friendly smile, they make this a great experience.

Now. on to the actual kayaking - if you are a nature lover who enjoys a quiet, calm experience, or a person who wants to see the area from a different perspective, this is a great trip for you. You can be a relaxed paddler or an aggressive one, but either way, the trip is beautiful and brings a sense of calm and peace that is unique to being on a river or intercoastal water way. We have paddled all over the SE and this ranks at the top of our list, and definitely at the top of our list in Gulf Shores. We've seen all kinds of birds, turtles, fish, interesting houses, friendly people from the shore, and just had a great time. We haven't seen dolphin yet, but I know they are there!

Beachin Betty and River Rick have been great to us each time (from the first to the last) and we'll be back!

1 Thank Mary-Craig D
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We loved our kayak trip!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had an 8am launch. We read all of their suggestions and watched their lauch video online before we went. We were prepared with water, snacks, sunscreen, hats, etc. We had two individual and one double kayak. Our 12 year old managed his kayak with no trouble and our 6 year old rode with my husband. We were there in July so it was hot, but we had clouds and a little rain so it was perfect. We enjoyed the birds and turtles and we even saw a snake! We stopped once to rest and re-fuel with our water, granola, and beef jerky. It was a big workout but we took our time and spent about three hours on the river. It was a great experience and we will probably go again the next time we are in Gulf Shores!

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very Relaxing, Great way to spend a morning.”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Got down to Orange Beach a day before everyone else and had nothing to do for the next morning until house was ready. Found this couple on here and decided I would give it a shot, Waterproofed the Iphone and hit the river.
Silence, Nature and some interesting docks along way. All in all a great way to spend the morning. Got some excercise and some relaxation.