“First Impressions”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Foley
Ringgold
“First Impressions”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I arrived a little early and ask if early check in was possible. The girl at the front desk said no nothing was ready in a not so customer service way. Ok.. She is having a bad day so I left came back a couple of hours. She was even more rude! I am a platium member and stay probably 30 nights a year at Holiday Inn's across the Southeast. This was by far the rudiest person I have ever saw at a Holiday Inn. So I cancelled the reservation and drove 25 miles to another Holiday Inn where I knew the service was great. This hotel front desk clerk that was on duty July 11th at 1pm needs to be fired! I will drive the extra miles from now on before i set foot in that hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wayne J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Wayne J,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express in Foley, was a nice hotel with a courteous staff. The rooms were clean and spacious.

My only complaints were wifi codes that expire after 10pm and you have to go to the desk to get the new code. Also there was only one washer and dryer for the guest laundry and they were not in great shape. Guests use it a lot after being at the beach so a couple of sets of machines would be more helpful, especially if it closes at 9pm.

• Stayed March 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel while on business. I was looking for a hotel close to my clients, but also within easy driving distance to the beach so that I could enjoy a bit of downtime after my meetings. This property is very conveniently located to both Foley and Gulf Shores. My kind room was nicely decorated, very clean and well-appointed. There was a fridge, microwave and bar area which was a nice touch to a standard room.The bed was very comfortable. Always important, the shower had great water pressure and a nice rainfall shower head.

Breakfast was pretty good, though I would have liked a meat choice like bacon for instance. The folded egg with cheese was decent and the cold item selection was pretty good also.

I especially appreciated the front desk clerk who asked if my stay went well as I was checking out. She seemed sincere and ready to accept feedback.

I drove the short 9 miles to Gulf Shores for a quick beach trip after my meetings. Gorgeous as always!

I will definitely stay here again when in Foley.

Room Tip: The hotel sits off the main hwy, so traffic noise shouldn't be a problem with any room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Could not have asked for friendlier staff. The rooms are nice, pillows and beds are soft. Nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. My only complaint is there is no vent in the bathroom so it gets very steamy and hot in there when you take a shower.

There is a hotel being built across the street (at the time of my stay) so I would imagine it could get noisy at times. Otherwise the hotel was very quite. It is located close to the outlets and a short drive to the beach. Located behind a Cracker Barrel and near several restaurants.

The pool is small and there is a hot tub there as well. Breakfast had a nice variety, but it does get very busy.

They did recognize my priority club status and gave me two cookies.

Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The location is great; it's less than a mile from the outlet and the great restaraunts. The breakfast was delicious. A large variety of foods to choose from. The rooms were quiet, high ceilings, great beds and pillows, with a variety of channels. It's always nice to have a microwave and fridge too. The hot tub was fantastic and the pool was nice too.

• Stayed April 2013
Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was a very nice hotel .... relatively new I think.
Beware though...many families with kids. If you are traveling for business like I was, ask for an end room.
Meg at the desk went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant.
She was curteous, pleasant, and very efficient.
My room only had a square table...no work desk. That was a bummer.
There was a new hotel being built across the street.
It is located near (But not too close to) a busy road with lots of restaurants
This property was very clean. The lobby was very spacious.
I would stay again!
: -)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Mississippi
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughters and I stayed two nights in March and we loved it! The room, breakfast room and overall hotel was very clean! As we were checking out, one of the cleaning ladies stopped us because we had left something in our room, so that was very nice and thoughtful of her! We were on a shopping trip to Tanger outlet mall, and this hotel is perfect location for that. It sets right behind the Cracker Barrel, so was good to eat there our first night. Lamberts and LuLus is also located close by. Our last day we went down to the beach which is not far, so overall location to me was perfect. We will be returning to the little hideaway hotel which is so close to everything, and CLEAN!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foley
Hampton Inn Foley
Hampton Inn Foley
#1 of 9 in Foley
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
Comfort Suites Foley
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley? Share your experiences!