“Nice hotel, good location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Nice hotel, good location”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel while on business. I was looking for a hotel close to my clients, but also within easy driving distance to the beach so that I could enjoy a bit of downtime after my meetings. This property is very conveniently located to both Foley and Gulf Shores. My kind room was nicely decorated, very clean and well-appointed. There was a fridge, microwave and bar area which was a nice touch to a standard room.The bed was very comfortable. Always important, the shower had great water pressure and a nice rainfall shower head.

Breakfast was pretty good, though I would have liked a meat choice like bacon for instance. The folded egg with cheese was decent and the cold item selection was pretty good also.

I especially appreciated the front desk clerk who asked if my stay went well as I was checking out. She seemed sincere and ready to accept feedback.

I drove the short 9 miles to Gulf Shores for a quick beach trip after my meetings. Gorgeous as always!

I will definitely stay here again when in Foley.

Room Tip: The hotel sits off the main hwy, so traffic noise shouldn't be a problem with any room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Could not have asked for friendlier staff. The rooms are nice, pillows and beds are soft. Nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. My only complaint is there is no vent in the bathroom so it gets very steamy and hot in there when you take a shower.

There is a hotel being built across the street (at the time of my stay) so I would imagine it could get noisy at times. Otherwise the hotel was very quite. It is located close to the outlets and a short drive to the beach. Located behind a Cracker Barrel and near several restaurants.

The pool is small and there is a hot tub there as well. Breakfast had a nice variety, but it does get very busy.

They did recognize my priority club status and gave me two cookies.

Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The location is great; it's less than a mile from the outlet and the great restaraunts. The breakfast was delicious. A large variety of foods to choose from. The rooms were quiet, high ceilings, great beds and pillows, with a variety of channels. It's always nice to have a microwave and fridge too. The hot tub was fantastic and the pool was nice too.

• Stayed April 2013
Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was a very nice hotel .... relatively new I think.
Beware though...many families with kids. If you are traveling for business like I was, ask for an end room.
Meg at the desk went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant.
She was curteous, pleasant, and very efficient.
My room only had a square table...no work desk. That was a bummer.
There was a new hotel being built across the street.
It is located near (But not too close to) a busy road with lots of restaurants
This property was very clean. The lobby was very spacious.
I would stay again!
: -)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Mississippi
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughters and I stayed two nights in March and we loved it! The room, breakfast room and overall hotel was very clean! As we were checking out, one of the cleaning ladies stopped us because we had left something in our room, so that was very nice and thoughtful of her! We were on a shopping trip to Tanger outlet mall, and this hotel is perfect location for that. It sets right behind the Cracker Barrel, so was good to eat there our first night. Lamberts and LuLus is also located close by. Our last day we went down to the beach which is not far, so overall location to me was perfect. We will be returning to the little hideaway hotel which is so close to everything, and CLEAN!

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn in Foley and I must we enjoyed our stay. The only thing I probably was not overall impressed with is customer service, not warm like other hotels we have stayed at. The rooms are extremely nicely decorated and the showers in the bathroom are nice and hot. The breakfast was delicious with a nice variety to choose from, even had a pancake maker that I have never seen before. We stood there looking it over and read the directions and still was looking for the button but if you go there just make sure there is a plate at the end and press ok on the front and it will spit out your pancake, no mix needed to pour in there. Told my children I wanted one for the house. They are big on cleanliness which I appreciate. The gentleman was cleaning the elevator walls wiping away finger prints. I would stay here again. Pool is also warm and outdoors and my children and mom stayed in it when we were not at the beach. It is also very convenient to the beach and not right on the beach but we did not miss not being on the beach as we were close enough. This location is close to the Tanger outlet and lots of restaurants to choose from. As others have said it is behind the cracker barrel so if you pass cracker barrel you have gone too far. You have to turn like you are going to cracker barrel (GPS took us there without any problems). Also there are some activities along the stretch for the the children to enjoy. Oh as far as the pillows go they have soft and firm on the beds so look on the pillow covers as it is stitched.

1 Thank Glamourgirl37
West Tennessee
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were in town for a quick weekend softball tournament and stayed here based on the reviews and they were right on target. The place was somewhat pricey at 117 a night but I guess that is the norm, even in the off season. The room was super clean, AC/Heat worked well, the furniture was nice and TV was good. The bed slept great, maybe a little hard but we liked it but they have awful pillows...to soft and not enough of them, bring your own. The breakfast was hot and with standard selection but the staff kept it full and clean and moving. They could stand for a few more tables but no complaints. If I do have a complaint, it would be that the outside noises came through, hall walkers and especially the upstairs residents but hey, it was fine. We would stay here again and the only thing stopping me would be the price.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foley
Hampton Inn Foley
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
#1 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley? Share your experiences!