“Great Hotel for Downtown Florence”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-Downtown
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Florence
SCARBOROUGH
“Great Hotel for Downtown Florence”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

this Hotel is only 4 blocks from the quaint main street where the Bars and Restaurants are and is very safe to Walk even after Dark.The rooms are very good and clean, and WIFI was very fast.
Staff very helpful in suggesting places to eat.Breakfast was ok but not the best I have had.I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
seattle
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Florence Al

Check-in: Fast and very friendly check-in with upgrade already done. Really was very nice and should be the standard for Hilton properties everywhere. I was given some suggestions where to eat and tried Flobama just down the street that was exceptionally good. I was again asked how my room was on leaving the building for dinner. Great service.

Room: Nice. Suite that is two standard size rooms – some view of the river from the 5th floor. Entry with counter, sink, microwave, and refrigerator. Good work area with sofa. The quality of the furnishings are definitely much better than Hampton standard and if it wasn’t for the paper cups and plastic plant, it could have been a Hilton.

Breakfast:

Location: Close to downtown Florence which seems nice but I was there on Sunday and most places were closed.

Rating: 9.5/10 Very nice for a Hampton Inn and I’d stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I've stayed in quite a few Hampton Inns in the Southern US and this one is great! (there is quite a range in how nice they can be) This Hampton had very clean rooms and a great breakfast. Location was excellent, close to everything in Florence, AL.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Georiga
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Okay Road Warrior that seeks a clean room/hotel, comfort bed and peace. The hotel is located in downtown Florence, AL. No major shopping within walking distance but about 3 miles away is major shopping and major restaurants. Freeway access is not far at all. The overall area is okay depending on the person-downtown. The exterior is clean and appealing. The interior is clean and appealing. The front desk staff is professional and friendly but could be better... Now you need a key to get on the elevato/ice machine... To the room, the room was clean and very nice. The bed was comfortable and pillows were soft. The room was equipped with a fridge and microwave. But as the days went on the Maid was the worst and I mean this lightly. I returned to the bedding being pulled up and not changed. No effort to get the wrinkles out of the bedding and sheets. This is not my experience with other Hampton Inn(s). I blame the House Keeping Manager for allowing this level of service. Yes, I had a "2" week start, but it doesn't mean the sheets shouldn’t be changed. If you are not going to change the bedding, make an effort to get the WRINKLES out to bedding and make the bed properly, he/she just pulled up the bedding. Needless to say, with that said, I wondered about the cleaning of the room period. I cancelled my 2nd week and moved... The manager didn’t meant Hampton Inn standards accordingly to my experience. Service should be great from the front desk to the back office. Poor maid service is no exception.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ghawell99
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I booked a room a week before I left for Florence Downtown location. I prepaid for the room to get the lower rate. After having a long day of travel, we got to hotel around 10:30PM. I was greeted with "What do you need" by a lady at the check in desk. I told her who I was and was there to checking in. I no more finished my comment to her and she spouted off "I don’t have a room for you". I noticed she had a piece of paper in her hand and it was my reservation. So I pull my copy of the reservation and showed it to her. She then proceeded to tell some story that her computer down and she does not have my reservation, despite having a copy of it in her freaking hand….So I asked her to check with the other Hampton Inn down the road (2 to 3 miles away) to see if they have a room. She said no, but I can get you their number….that is when I lost it….I asked for a Manager and she stated she was the Manager. So I knew then I was not going to get anything from her. I then asked for my money back and her response was “you don’t have a room, so I don’t owe you any money”. Again I showed her the prepaid confirmation. She just began to work with someone else at the check in desk and ignore me… I called the next day to talk to another manager and they were as short with me too…I even got told we don’t have your money again…. So I called the corporate number and told them my story and wanted my money…Guess what…We had to have a conference call with the Manager to get confirmation that I did not have a room and get their freaking approval to refund my money.

Room Tip: Stay somwhere else......
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank Ken B
NYC
Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

Picked this hotel bc close to where had to travel for business meetings and bc am HH member. Seems like a newer property based on my prior experience w sim new HI properties in other stars. Clean, comfortable, doesn't look worn or tired. Full breakfast spread typical of Hampton Inn (always better than the breakfasts at Holiday Inn Express it seems). Workout room has newer equipment and room is bright. Central location though dont see any restaurants within walking distance. Lots of fellow business travelers here too

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank setiramm
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I enjoyed one night at this convenient to downtown located HHI. The front desk staff were friendly and the facilities good. My room was super huge, perhaps they upgraded me? It was more of a suite. Ive stayed at a lot of HHI's and this among the nicest. Keep it up.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Drew R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
flipper95,

Thanks for staying with us! We really appreciate the feedback about your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in Florence!

Drew Richards