Knights Inn Florence
$110
Hampton.com
Budget Inn(Florence)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I know you get what you pay for, but I had stayed at this property several years back, so I thought it would be ok... well, it has most definitely gone down hill since then... I felt robbed paying $56 for the night! Thank God we did not have to stay there longer than that... and I can't imagine if we'd had our 2 year old daughter with us. I would never have brought my daughter into that cesspool! But there were some children staying there, or at least sneaking into the pool.

When we first arrived, the staff was friendly. However, their attitude somewhat declined with just a few questions/complaints. First, my husband noticed that there was a coffee maker, but no pot, coffee, or any other items needed to make coffee in the rooms. He went to the front desk to ask, and they said they didn't have anything, but he could get coffee from the office. While he was gone that first time, I looked around a bit... it seemed clean enough at first glance... but this was mostly due to the lack of lighting... I did notice the microwave & fridge were stained and grimey on the outside. However, the insides were clear and clean. Next, my husband couldn't get the remote to work with the tv. It was an old box tv... guess they aren't upgrading to flat screens. So, he went back to the office. They gave him a new remote and some illegibly scratched out directions on a post-it for how to program it to the tv. When he still couldn't get it to work, he called to ask if he'd done it right. The lady at the front desk was rude and talked down to him, but finally gave him enough information to get it to work.

We left to have dinner with some friends and when we came back, I turned on the lights over the sink. That's when I noticed how stained the carpets really were... the little lamps in the room barely lit up anything, but after seeing with the ugly florescent lighting, I wasn't taking my shoes off in there. We stayed the night, because it was late, and it was a holiday weekend, so we didn't want to fuss with finding another hotel with availability.

The next morning I went to get a shower and realized that the shower curtain was not tied back as I had thought when we arrived, but actually was so covered in mildew it had stuck together in a clump at the bottom. I took a shower (in my flip flops) with the shower curtain open, so I didn't have to touch the slime. This place is just not fit for anything! I will never stay at the Knights Inn in Florence, AL again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravCoord04
Reviewed April 21, 2013

NASTY! Stains on the furniture. Carpet could not have been vacuumed in months. Hair in the tub. Old, built up grime on both the inside and outside of the frig and microwave. Smears on the table and mirrors where it looked as if someone had tried to clean them with a dirty rag. The shower and sink had faucet leaks. The room had a smokey smell that was not tobacco or pot. In the future I would choose to sleep in my car than at a Knights Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed in a room with 2 double beds for two nights. When I arrived to check in the staff was friendly, which was the ONLY positive thing about our stay. I actually ended up paying a couple of dollars more than what my reservation was even for which I didn't catch until after I was already checked in. When we walked into our room it was like a sauna. The heat was blasting on high. I tried to turn it off but the knob was broken. The temperature knob worked so I was able to control the temp of the air coming out of it (to a point anyway) but I never was able to shut it off. The carpet looked black it was so filthy and worn down. There was no coffee maker or hair dryer as they advertise is available in every room. Within an hour of checking in, we killed our first very healthy roach. The wallpaper was peeling on one wall. Tried to find an ice machine the first night and couldn't. The whole property is layed out more like an apartment complex than a hotel. There seemed to be several shady people watching us as we unloaded into our room so I didn't go searching for an ice machine on the other side of the property, which is where I did find it the next day. WIFI NEVER once worked for us. The shower wouldn't keep a consistant temperature. One minute it was hot enough to burn you and the next it was ICE cold. The shower head was also so full of gunk that the water could barely come out and it certainly wasn't in one direction. You probably would have more water pressure with a garden hose! The next night we killed two more very healthy roaches. We were woke up at midnight to a car alarm that kept going off. The room next to us obviously had a prostitute working in it as several different cars visited her all night long. (In fact the car alarm was in front of her room.) The next morning at 8:00 AM a woman who we later found out was the "maid" knocked on our door while I was in the shower and my friend was still sleeping. My friend, not knowing who she was and with her looking completely unprofessional, did not answer the door. Later as we were loading our car she asked if we were checking out or staying again so thats when we discovered she was the maid. Check out time was 11AM and she was banging on our door at 8AM. Not too thrilled about that. The overall appearance of the motel was that they catered to shady people who more or less lived in the rooms instead of people passing through, such as ourselves. The motel was disgusting and I think I can honestly say the only thing missing was rodents. Although, its not the season for rodents so I'm sure they are a problem other times of the year. This is our second terrible experience with a Knights Inn. We no longer will be staying at ANY Knights Inn.

Room Tip: DON'T stay here period!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Outstanding value for a clean, comfortable large room. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, couch, lots of space. Pets allowed and are complimentary. Walking distance to several restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this property for a week and it was comfortable for the rate. We stayed in one of the new renovated rooms and all was well. Did have to get maintenance to check the a/c but they fixed the problem and we were happy. If you are looking for a place that is cheap and has clean rooms this is the place. Staff is friendly too.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the remodeled rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends