“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Tennessee
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was a wonderful hotel!! The room was very spacious and clean. It did not have the usual hotel smell. It was quiet; couldn't hear every conversation, tv, shower or anything going on in the rooms beside you. The bathroom also had ample room with plenty of counter space to put your personal items. The bed was THE most comfortable bed I have ever been on in a hotel!!!! The staff was friendly. The lobby is huge and clean. The breakfast bar had a good variety: scrambled eggs, bacon, english muffins with cheese & eggs, make your own waffles,several cereals,pastries, fruits, juices and coffee. I am very critical of hotels because I know how nasty they can be so rest assure that when I say great, I mean it! The only reason I gave a 3 on the fitness center is because it is small with only 3 machines. Will most definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks. It is an older Hampton (probably 15+ years old) and it is OK. I'm not a big fan of the Hampton breakfast offerings, I think they have fallen behind most of the similarly priced chains (Holiday Inn Express etc). This hotel is adequate, fairly clean, reasonably priced and a decent value oriented hotel. I like the location relative to restaurants and retail.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dad05
N.E. TN
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Was playing at RTJ Muscle Shoals. Super smooth check in/out, friendly and helpful staff and best of all clean and comfortable rooms. Only about 20 minutes from the courses.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights and found the hotel to be above average, The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. All staff members I encountered were friendly. The breakfast in the mornings was good and had a broad range of items. The wireless internet worked well.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Kentucky
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I have stayed at this property several times when I have visited Florence. All in all, this is a solid, above-average hotel, especially for the area. You don't have a lot of options when you travel to the NW corner of AL.

Bedding is good--definitely not older mattresses, bedding, etc. Room is decent size and kept clean. No problems with anything in room. Haven't upgraded TV's yet. Not sure how important that is to people when they travel.

Bathroom is okay. Sink is found inside the bathroom with the shower. I know that some people like the sink outside.

Staff is friendly here. Never really eat the breakfast but lobby area seems nice and comfortable. I would expect it to be suitable.

Hotel is located directly on main drag coming in to town from the east (Huntsville side). Easy to find/see and parking is no problem. Do have a restaurant directly next door if you want to walk over.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We had just come from an outstanding experience the night before at a Hampton Inn in Arkansas... so our expectations were high. This hotel affords decent accommodation and a good location. My travel companion was OK with but not entirely happy with her room because it wasn't up to the fresh standards of our previous experience the night before at another location... and I wound up getting bit by a bug that decided to join me in bed the first night of our stay. I caught the little bitter and gave it to reception the next day... not as a complaint... because these things can happen anywhere; it was for their exterminator to examine and take action accordingly. My travel companion saw no critters in her room. The management immediately comped my room for that night;: a nice and unexpected gesture. The parking and exterior are nice and well lit at night. I felt reasonably comfortable and secure staying there. There are plenty of dining options and shopping close by which is a plus! There's a convenience store immediately next door for gas and snacks as needed and an Applebees right on the other side.. I would consider staying there again... but I hope they will freshen things up. The internet was slow for my standards. When I called the desk to ask for a cable... the lady told me to just use the Wifi. The property is OK...but not on our A-list at this time. I'd give it a solid B for now with the hopes that some modernization is imminent.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed one night and felt it was good value. The staff was professional, the hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. Our room overlooked the pool which worried me initially until I realized the pool was full of people and we could hear no noise at all. The room was a good size and the free breakfast was well stocked and varied. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple