“Where to stay in Muscle Shoals area”

Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Tucson, Arizona
“Where to stay in Muscle Shoals area”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I spent three nights at this lovely resort in November 2013. It was my second time staying there, so I already knew to expect a beautiful property, excellent service, and southern hospitality. I was not disappointed. The rooms are comfortable, the food is delicious (in both bar and restaurant), and the large outdoor patio was spacious and warm because of the fire pits. The pool is incredible, the views are amazing. I grew up in Florence and am always impressed again with the beauty of the entire area when I visit, and this resort is in an excellent location. My visit to the spa, for a massage and manicure, was made even better by the amenities, such as the large Jacuzzi and the professional staff. I highly recommend this resort! In fact, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I love this property. The rooms are like the Marriots in much more popular destinations I have visited and bring their consistantcy in clean & spacious rooms, good restaurants & room service and pleasant staff. Great gym and pool area overlooking the Tennessee River. This is the spot I stay when coming to the Florence area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went down for work and ended up staying there thru New Years had a ball frist they had it going on at Swampers resturant and lounge thenvthey had a concert over in the convention center which by the way was sold out. Everyone had a great time that night, found out it is sold out evrry year. Anyway the hotel was full but they managed to keep there i did not have to check out which was fantastic. The hotel employees always go out of their way to make each guest feel at ease and at home. Highly recommend this hotel for any kind of social, birthday party, wedding reception or anything else. AAAAA+++++

Room Tip: Try to come down for the month of July 4th they put on a firework show that puts the city's to s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed January 4, 2014

After the death of my father-in-law and having to put my beloved dog to sleep due to medical problems, I traveled to Florence, Alabama. Upon checking in, I explained that I did not need a room that would allow a pet, as originally planned, and then I became emotional because our dog always loved staying with us at this hotel. The receptionist was so caring and kind, as she could tell it had been a terribly difficult day. That evening when my husband I and returned to the hotel, a fruit, cheese, and cracker tray had been left in our room with a card that said, "We are sorry for your losses this past week. We hope that you enjoy your stay with us and get some rest! Your Marriott Family!" It was personally signed by the people who were there. There are not many hotels that will go above and beyond such as they did that day. Our family was so appreciative of the very kind gesture. Not only is the hotel beautiful, clean, and spacious, they know how to treat people as family.

Room Tip: Every room I have ever stayed in, in this hotel, has been excellent. I have stayed at this hotel ab...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank baatraveler1
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Since we had a party of 21 for dinner, reservations were made last month to insure all couples would be set up at 3 tables facing the windows ... specifically did not want one long table for 21... we even stopped by around 3 pm on NYE to confirm and were advised all would be like requested ..when our party arrived we were directed to a long table set for 21 ..the service was poor ..some not getting drink orders or the first course as requested ..very frustrating !! Our meal did come out together and the food was delicious ... We did not appreciate being made to think our reservation request would be handled as requested ...and then arrive and were put where we had specifically requested not to be put ..in addition the New Years Eve party was oversold and there was only a few tables for 900 people ..most standing ..band was great. !! However Florence will not be our New Years destination in the future!!
Otherwise the hotel is lovely and our room was spotless and very comfortable mattresses ..

• Stayed December 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2013

...had to stay here on a recent trip. Only stayed one night but would definitely stay again. In fact I do not think I would stay anywhere else if I visited the Muscle Shoals/Florence area. I did not eat at this property, but had a few beers in Swampers which is the lobby bar. Staff was nice. Only complaint about the bar is that it did not have a foot rail and the tv above the bar was a bit too high (had to really strain your neck to watch a ball game from the bar). However, there was plenty of comfortable chairs in the lounge area. Nice lobby with a huge xmas tree as a center piece with a large fish tank display. Staff was courteous. Nice indoor pool with a hot tub, which was very relaxing. Room walls are a bit thin as I could hear my "neighbors" talk/tv, but that seems to be the industry standard. Bed was sufficient, you could tell it was not a top of the line mattress. I've definitely slept on better mattresses. Room movie was a bit pricey ($15) but was not my idea. The hotel was in the process of renovating half of the rooms. New mattresses would be a good idea. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The property is very well taken care of however the mattresses are very poor. We both had terrible backaches after trying to sleep on for two days. The mattresses are very cheap and are of very low quality. Mentioned to front desk personnel and they basically acted like they could care less what our issues were. Room 1310.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple