“Good Cajun Food in Florence” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of PoBoys Cajun Grill - CLOSED

PoBoys Cajun Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Good Cajun Food in Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The service could not have been better. Chelsea was very attentive and the entire staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had the fried shrimp po boy and boiled crawfish. Based on previous reviews, I was expecting larger portions. Although, the shrimp po boy was very good, I found it to be a bit small considering the price. The crawfish was very well spiced, but came with very few sides: a single potato, ear if corn and piece of sausage. Overall it was an enjoyable meal. I'd give the service 5+ stars, the food 4 stars and the value 3 stars.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not rely on the google map directions. It places the restaurant about 5 miles east of its true location. If you are unfamiliar with the Florence area, call first.

“Servers Angie wilson ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Our server was Angie she recommitted a few items and it was great. Great services with a smile. I should have gotten the bread pudding :)

Florence, Alabama
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I've never really been a huge fan of Cajun or Creole foods. Now I know why: I've never had AUTHENTIC Cajun food until now. These guys know what they are doing, and do it well. The sweet tea is great, the service is fantastic, and the food is AMAZING. The food is made from scratch (a huge plus to me) and the portions are large for the price. We got the Call of Cthulhu, a HUGE platter of oysters, shrimp, sausage, alligator, etc. I highly recommend this dish if you can't decide what to order and want to try a bit of everything on the menu. A warning: this is more than enough to share between 2 people (or 4 people if you get an appetizer!) My fiance and I had the Crawfish and Shrimp pies for an appetizer. It comes with 2 huge flaky, buttery pies filled with deliciousness served over maque chou (if you have never had maque chou before, drop everything, drive to this restaurant and try it. You will NOT be sorry!) Then of course we had the Cthulhu (my fiance is a big fan of HP Lovecraft, author of this dish's namesake). Afterward, we were so full we couldn't get dessert, but we did get to see a glimpse of the whiskey bread pudding, which is humongous. We ended up having to ask for a to-go box to pack up what was left of our feast (quite a bit, actually) and the server even offered us fresh to-go teas! We are very impressed with this place and will be back (often). I can't wait to get back so I can try that amazing looking bread pudding! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Keep up the great work!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Florence, Alabama
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to eat at PoBoys based on the positive reviews. The hostess and our waitress were friendly and aalternative, no problem there. The gumbo that I ordered had a layer of grease floating on top and tasted nothing like gumbo, pretty bad. The entree I ordered included fried oyster which were soggy on the bottom but the fried shrimp and frog legs tasted ok. My wife had the shrimp boil which she did not like. The shrimp were bland tasting with no canjun or any other seasoning. Do not plan to eat again at this restaurant.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JAMES M
“Best Alfredo ever!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

They have the best Fettuccine Alfredo ever! I wish they served Coca Cola products from a fountain instead of bottled Pepsi products.

1 Thank Joseph W