“Improved, but . . .”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #51 of 169 Restaurants in Florence
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Party of 6 friends went to celebrate a birthday at 6 pm on a Tuesday. The restaurant was moderately busy. Relatively fast (but not super quick) service for drinks and appetizers. A variety of entrees (3 steaks & lobsters/shrimp, 2 fish, 1 chicken) with a variety of salads & sides.
All food was above average but . . . we noticed that the time between the salads & entrees was beginning to be long when a manager came out & said one all of the entrees were ready for service except one . . . mine, the grilled salmon which had been dropped on the floor & would be delayed. She did apologize & offered to bring me another drink, etc. I asked that they go ahead & bring out the other entrees & I would just eat when it came. She said they had already started another piece of salmon.
In a few minutes they brought out all the other entrees . . . & even mine. The manager indicated they had pulled my salmon from another order (which meant someone else would be delayed; standard practice ?? ).
So everything seemed to be back on track when . . . about half way through my salmon I noticed it was less than thoroughly cooked --- the ends & sides were done & very edible but the center (about 1/2 the piece) was not sufficiently cooked. I managed to salvage enough to satisfy my level of need but . . .
So this is my third visit to this Longhorn. They have yet to "hit a home run." They have improved but . . .
more needs to be done & how long will it take?

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We are giving up on this location. Stopped by for lunch at 11:25 ordered tea..After 9 minutes got water and told tea was brewing since they just opened.
asked to order and told they would get back soon...oh, table next to us had tea. There were only three other tables occopied. We just left and went elsewhere. This location has issues so suggest you go elsewhere until they get good management.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The atmosphere is family friendly---nice western decor. Friendly, helpful waitstaff. Two in our group thought their dinners were delicious. The other two thought their food was way too salty.
Being a fairly new restaurant, if they want to succeed, somebody needs to put down the salt shaker. Too much salt can ruin anything, no matter how high the quality of meat or how well it is prepared. Please,drop the salt shaker and let me salt it to MY taste!
It was bad enough that I don't plan to eat there again anytime soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My business partner and I hit this place one night for a late (after 9) dinner.
Food was perfect (he had steak and lobster, I had ribs and the firecracker chicken wraps).
We were both very impressed with both the service and the quality of the food.
I'd go back in a NY minute.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I went for our first visit on a late Thursday afternoon (3:30) so it was not busy (probably no more than 10 parties of 2 - 4 & 1 party of 8). There appeared to a sufficient number of servers especially by 3:45. We were 3rd in line, 2 other couples in front of us. It took 2 employees an inordinate amount of time trying to operate the computer screen to decide where to seat those ahead of us and us! They seemed confused. Slow.
Then we were seated & given menus. We, again, waited an unnecessary length before our
server arrived to take drink orders.
Slow again.
She brought the drinks & then disappeared for a long period of time before returning to take food orders.
Slow again.
Order taken. Then another long period of time before food arrived for a "not busy" time. We noticed that other customers were also waiting for food. My wife ask our server to check on one couple that was seated after us and then abandoned.
During all of this waiting, I counted at least 10 servers "flying around the room" with some not waiting on customers. Two managers were walking the restaurant but seemed not to notice the customers waiting on orders to be taken or the ones waiting on food.
Slow.
The food was very good -- one steak & steamed veggies & one grilled salmon w/rice & green beans. Price offerings were a little more than other similar chain restaurants.
So SLOW is the word. Perhaps it will get better with more experience, more training, & more attentive managers. Perhaps it opened before they had a good game plan??? It deserves another visit, but just one before we write it off.
Have a good meal . . . Somewhere.