“Possibly a new regular hangout”

Stanfield's River Bottom Grill
Ranked #10 of 164 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I visited River Bottom today for the first time around 4 pm. Overall, I was very pleased. The menu had several different choices ranging from flatbreads to burgers to filet minion and seafood. They were running a drink special ($2 draft beer) that is always much appreciated. I had the fish and chips, and my friend had the popcorn shrimp. Our entrees were nothing to rave about (they were just average) however I saw some things on the menu that I'd bet most definitely would be amazing. The server was very friendly and knowledgable about the food and drinks that they had to offer, which is always impressing to me. But the thing that really makes this a great place is it's location. Dining outside on the deck over the water on a beautiful day (like today was) could not get any better. This will definitely be a place I will frequent from now on!

There are newer reviews for Stanfield's River Bottom Grill

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My friend and I decided to eat at River Bottom one evening, and it certainly did not disappoint. I hope to return very soon. I ordered the blacked fish and received a huge plate of food consisting of two filets of fish, cole slaw, and side item with pickle/onion garnish for only $10. The service was very helpful and friendly, and the view was gorgeous. It's a nice little walk down to get to the actual restaurant, but it's well worth the walk.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My friend and I ate here today, for lunch. First time for both of us. It was 1:00 in the afternoon. I appreciated the "different" menu selections, such as shrimp & crab dip. We got an appetizer of hushpuppies, which were delicious and very plentiful. I decided on the ribeye steak sandwich on flatbread. Well, it was HUGE - a slab of steak on delicious bread. The steak did need some flavoring, such as some kind of dry rub, or marinate. I put some steak sauce on it and it tasted better. The French fries on the side were also very tasty, hot, and crisp. My friend liked her selection of hand-breaded chicken tenders and baked potato. The prices were not outrageous, and, in fact, were about $3 to $5 cheaper than other, comparable restaurants. We chose to sit upstairs, and the only drawback is that ALL the tables and chairs upstairs are the high-top ones, with the tall chairs. Those type of chairs are not friendly to those - such as myself - who have weight and health issues. There really needs to be some regular-height tables and chairs upstairs. The wait staff and service was also adequate for our needs. All in all, we were both impressed with the food quality, portion sizes, and prices. I will definitely go again, likely this week!

Lori B. Muscle Shoals, AL

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lots of good food, fast and very reasonable. Other establishments could learn a lot by taking notes on the salad bar. Everything you could possibly want to put on a salad.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Enjoyed the seafood, and the atmosphere. Very reasonable prices also. Good that something is available down by the river. Adult beverages also available. River view seating available.