“Adequate service but poor food quality” 3 of 5 bubbles

Stanfield's River Bottom Grill
Ranked #25 of 162 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Adequate service but poor food quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I were expecting better food quality. The island chicken was cold and a component of the dish, pineapple, was straight from the can. The cole slaw lacked flavor and contained to much mayo. Presentation of the dished was poor. Unless changes are made this resturant will not survive.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Alaeng

Florence, Alabama
“Good but not exceptional.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Group of 6 friends met for a regular dinner. No wait on a Wednesday night at 6. Service was very good & quick. Drinks & appetizers were very good -- the mushrooms are a good choice.
Our group had a variety of entrees - ribs, steaks, & shrimp 3 ways. The salads were very good. The grilled shrimp was the best while the fried shrimp was "very fried" -- too greasy.
Atmosphere was a little lound even with a small crowd & no music -- so don't go if quiet time is needed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BusterYukon
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“Needs work. Hopefully will get better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great setting and atmosphere. We arrived at 6:30 and were seated 40 minutes later. The prices seemed okay and our order was taken fairly quickly but we waited way too long for our food. Not fun with a five year old. She and i shared the shrimp trio platter with fried shrimp, grilled shrimp and popcorn shrimp. The fried shrimp and popcorn shrimp were excellent, however the grilled shrimp was very overdone, chewy and tasteless. The french fries and salad were awesome. My husband got the crawfish bowl which he delared "pretty good". We shared his potatoes but didnt find them very tasty. We will give them another chance but I will definitely get just the fried shrimp. I would not go back with a small child. Maybe the service will improve once everyone gets in a groove. The live music - vocal, piano and bongo was great!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lkwammack
Russellville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Neat Place - Menu and Service need work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The marina restaurant is a beautiful place. The menu is different than I thought it would be. There is no kid's menu and you cannot sit upstairs if you need a high chair. We have two small children and had to sit downstairs in the middle of the restaurant even though there were very few people in there. We weren't even given the option to sit near the window. The service was ok, but it took what seemed like forever for our food to come out. This makes for a difficult trip when you have two small children who are very hungry. When the food did come out, it was very good. Maybe in time, it will get better.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank andykastberg
Florence, Alabama
“Decent Food, Very Friendly Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently made my first trip to the new restaurant at Florence Harbor--Stanfield's River Bottom Grill. All in all, I was happy with my experience at the restaurant, especially the friendly service. I ordered the New York Strip steak with a baked potato and a side salad. The salad was decent, although I wish this restaurant had a salad bar similar to the Stanfield's Steak House restaurants in the area. I suppose there just isn't enough room for a full salad bar in this rather cramped restaurant. The steak was OK, not outstanding. Other patrons around me seemed extremely pleased with their appetizers and seafood dishes. Perhaps I will go back and try some of these dishes soon. I could not be more pleased with the service. Maybe they were expecting a big crowd later, but when I arrived there seemed to be an overabundance of servers in the room. My server was particularly friendly and helpful and the manager on duty came by to check on me also. The steak may have been slightly overcooked; it seemed a little dry to me. I will go back and try some other dishes and let you know later how the limited seafood menu works out.

• Visited April 2013