“I can't read the menu but I love their food”

Taqueria Juarez Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 162 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Mexican
Florence, AL
“I can't read the menu but I love their food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hidden gem is located in the Mexican grocery on Florence Blvd. It doesn't look like much. But it's the real deal. The first couple of times there was a bit of a struggle translating what was on the menu and trying to communicate with the staff. But the results were oh so tasty! On a return trip we discovered a younger waitress who speaks English as a guide through any lingering questions the menu holds. The simple offering of a taco simply cannot be compared with any other "Mexican" restaurant in the area. Yes, you can taste the difference when the food doesn't come off a truck prepped for service. The specials are to be savored. A hearty beef stew was thoroughly enjoyed by my companion. I on the other hand devoured the large bowl of seafood soup that was delivered to me with sides of tortillas, lime slices, and two kinds of salsa. No, this is not your stuff yourself with chips establishment. This is more serious. Expect to pay in the $10 range for soup specials (it IS enough for two). $1.75 per taco.

• Visited January 2013