“A Sweet Lunch Restaurant”
Review of Sweet Basil Cafe

Sweet Basil Cafe
Ranked #24 of 162 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“A Sweet Lunch Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I often dine at this restaurant when we are out for lunch. One of the main reasons is the menu. They have a large regular menu, then weekly they have intriguing new sandwich combinations to try. Today, I had the turkey, brie, strawberry sandwich on grilled sour dough and a side of creamy cauliflower soup with a tiny corn muffin. NO, I couldn't eat it all, but sandwiches come with a side and that is what I wanted to try. My husband's meal was just as good, and how do I know (cause we split stuff on our plates)? The atmosphere is eclectic with gourmet goods for sale. There is a sample bar where you can dip a pretzel or swipe a pita chip in a dip or sauce to try. If you are ever in Florence, AL, don't miss this lunch dining treat.

• Visited March 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great find!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were in Florence for a funeral. We were unfamiliar with the area. We asked my GPS to find a restaurant nearby. Sweet Basil had the cutest name - off we went. We met two ladies in line (short and very fast - the line, not the ladies) who knew the menu by heart. They gave us recommendations. We were delighted with our red, white, and blue salads with grilled chicken. The service was friendly and quick. If we lived closer, we would go back often!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mary Anne H
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“One word - YUM!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great food, not the norm. Fast service. There's a large wine selection and lots of other goodies to buy, spices, etc. They also have frozen meals for purchase. The price is somewhat high.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta
“Ladies do NOT miss this place!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Salads galore with cheeses, fruit, and the best homemade dressing you have ever tasted. Many other healthy choices - chicken salad, tomato aspic and cake for dessert that is to die for! Gourmet treats - and bring the guys with you as they have plenty of choices hearty enough for them too! I always make a point to visit and pick up a pint of dressing to bring home for a friend.

Visited December 2012
Lake Bluff, Il.
“Great for eating in or taking out”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We found this place by accident, and were absolutely delighted by it. For eating in, they offer terrific sandwiches, entrees, salads, and sides. Everything was made to order, and VERY tasty. They also have a substantial wine collection on offer, and with their 10% discount on all wine prices, we found plenty of relatively unusual wines we had previously tried and enjoyed elsewhere on sale here at reasonable prices. Don't miss the frozen take-out freezer offerings, either -- we purchased a chicken pot pie there more than three weeks ago, have toted it around in our motorhome freezer since then, and just got around to thawing and heating it for dinner tonight. So absolutely scrumptious that we had to leap up to the keyboard to write this review. Creamy sauce (a hint of sherry perhaps?), flakey crust, probably 2 pounds of butter (between the crust and the sauce), great roasted flavor in the chicken and the veggies -- in short, better than mom or most highly trained chefs could produce. Go and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013