“Great for eating in or taking out”
Review of Sweet Basil Cafe

Sweet Basil Cafe
Ranked #23 of 162 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Lake Bluff, Il.
“Great for eating in or taking out”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We found this place by accident, and were absolutely delighted by it. For eating in, they offer terrific sandwiches, entrees, salads, and sides. Everything was made to order, and VERY tasty. They also have a substantial wine collection on offer, and with their 10% discount on all wine prices, we found plenty of relatively unusual wines we had previously tried and enjoyed elsewhere on sale here at reasonable prices. Don't miss the frozen take-out freezer offerings, either -- we purchased a chicken pot pie there more than three weeks ago, have toted it around in our motorhome freezer since then, and just got around to thawing and heating it for dinner tonight. So absolutely scrumptious that we had to leap up to the keyboard to write this review. Creamy sauce (a hint of sherry perhaps?), flakey crust, probably 2 pounds of butter (between the crust and the sauce), great roasted flavor in the chicken and the veggies -- in short, better than mom or most highly trained chefs could produce. Go and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013

Florence, AL
“Gourmet Cafe and Market”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I was thrilled to find this sweet little cafe! I was accustomed to eating at cafes like this in the Silicon Valley in the early 1980's. Now I can relive that same quaint experience without sacrificing taste or quality. Whether it's lunch with the girls or a gourmet gift basket, this is my go to! The red, white, and blue salad is not to have missed. And the Reuben sandwich is delicious!

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“Perfect place for lunch with the girls”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is my first choice whenever my girlfriends and I go to lunch together. Items on the menu include salads, soups, sandwiches, and a plate lunch special, but the red, white, and blue salad is my favorite dish. The menu items are fresh, made to order, and delicious. Everything is gourmet. You have to pass the dessert case to place your order and it is hard to resist. They have delicious cakes. I must also say that my husband and I enjoy Sweet Basil Nights as well.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SouthernGirlFromAla

Been to Sweet Basil Cafe? Share your experiences!