“Nice place to stay!!!”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Columbia, South Carolina
“Nice place to stay!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

Room's are very clean. Off of the highway, so not very noisy. Very comfy beds....dreamalicious!!! Reccomend to all travelors in the area if you need a clean place to stay. I rate it 1 out of 10, A 9!! Very satisfied. Accepts pets too:)!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
BaymontInnSuitesAL, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
The Baymont Inn & Suites takes great pride in providing the best level of guest hospitality and cleanliness in each of our guest rooms.

Our property is currently going through a major remodelling and renovation project. We have completed a major overhaul on each of our common areas and our team is now busy diligently upgrading each of our guest rooms.

Overall, we look forward to showcasing our friendly service and new fresh look. We welcome accommodating your lodging needs at the Baymont Inn & Suites when you are in the Florence, AL area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

I stay at this hotel once a month almost every month. The staff is friendly and helpful, even the housekeepers are nice and friendly! I travel w a 3yr old and 1yr old,so the breakfast is extremely convienant, I take the down in their pj's! the rooms are always clean and smell nice. This hotel is a great example of what a southern hotel should be. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in that area if it were free! Thank You Jamison of Florence!!!! My son thinks it's 'his' hotel....haha

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

ashland,al.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

In todays troubled economic times , it is refreshing to find a clean ,affordable room in a safe area and operated by efficient , courteous and just down right nice folks. I work with Al.State Health Dept. and travel extensively across the state staying over night at many different locations and I have to say this location ranks high in my top ten just for making me feel at home. Traveling on a restricted budget ,the special rate helps tremendously.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Locust Fork Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

I can not imagine why anyone would give this hotel a negative review. The desk clerk was friendly, the room was extremely clean and the bed was new and very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and was more then a normal continental breakfast. It had homemade waffles, bisciuts and gravy and well as several muffins and bagles. They also had cereal. The location is also good. Very close to a mall, several stores and shops, a movie theatre, Walmart, Sams, Home depot etc and close to several nice restaurants. It is only a few minutes drive to the University of Noth Alabama, old town Florence and Mcarthur park on the lake. I will be staying at the Jameson inn during my next visit to Florence Alabama. I'd say its one of the best hotels I've stayed at in quite a while.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2008

I had stayed at the Jameson Inn in Florence about twelve years ago and was pleased with the stay. I was able to get a discounted rate this trip (which turned out to be prepaid, even though Expedia didn't make it clear), so I decided to try it again even though newer hotels of similar class are nearby.

I was severely disappointed in the service. A maid came by about 9:30 a.m. on the only full day we were there (a Saturday) and asked my father if we needed anything. He said we could use some more towels, so she handed him some towels and then left. That turned out to be the extent of our maid service for the day. When we returned to the room about 4:30 p.m., the beds were still unmade, and the bathroom had not been cleaned. When my father went down to the office to complain and get more soap, he was told that someone would come make the beds but that the cleaning staff had left for the day. When we returned again about 9:00 p.m., the beds had been made, but the bathroom wasn't cleaned, the dirty towels hadn't been removed, and the trash hadn't been carried out.

I have no idea if this poor service is typical. Perhaps we were given poor service because of our discounted rate. Perhaps everyone wanted to leave work early to watch the Alabama/Florida game on TV at 3:00 p.m. Regardless, I cannot remember a time when the cleaning service was so poor in a hotel.

The room itself was reasonably clean, if spartan. Lighting over the beds was fluorescent, which is a little harsh. The mattresses were hard, which is fine for me. There was plenty of room to maneuver. The sink was located outside the bathroom, which is convenient. The tub was a standard tub/shower combination, though the shower curtain was cloth and had no liner.

The room did have an iron and ironing board, a blow dryer, a TV, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, and free wi-fi. The wi-fi service was weak in our room, but it did work, albeit slowly.

Toiletry items were limited to soap and shampoo.

Breakfast was free. Breakfast items were limited to starches (microwaveable biscuits, English muffins, cereals, and waffles) and fruits. The waffles were self-service using a waffle machine. No eggs or meats were available.

Florence isn't a large town, but the location is convenient to the mall, numerous big-box stores (including Wal-Mart and Kohl's), and numerous chain restaurants. A new Krispy Kreme doughnut shop is just a block away.

If it wasn't for the poor service, I would be willing to stay at the Jameson again, but at this point, I am unlikely to do so.

• Liked — Amenities (microwave, refrigerator, wi-fi)
  • Disliked — Maid service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Call_Me_Tex

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

McMinnville, Tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

I had a very nice stay at this property. The young lady at the counter was extremely pleasant and helpful. Everyone on staff smiled and made us feel welcome. I found my room to be very clean and saw no needed repairs. Looks like the room had been freshly made over. I wish the pool had been open but that was probably because of water restrictions in the area. Good location, close to restaurants and Hobby Lobby.

The breakfast was very good. More than enough selection, even my wife enjoyed her meal.

I thought it was a good value for what we paid.

• Liked — location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — pool closed
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Tennfan

Hickory Withe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2006

We stayed at the Jamison Inn in Florence, AL in March, 2006 and I must stay it was the worst experience we've ever had. There was no hot water at all the first 24 hours and they kept promising that they would have it fixed soon. They told us they would give us and all others 1 night free because of all the problems. When we checked out, they refused to give us a discount at all and were the rudest people we've ever delt with. I wouldn't recommend that place to my worst enemy.

3 Thank Kokiejo