“Room was run down”

Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Muscle Shoals
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Florence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Deatsville
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Bathroom, Bed Linens, & Pool Clean.. Quiet.. Walls cobwebby & sink cabinets need repairs. Staff NICE!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Daniel M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for taking the time to give your input, so that we can continue to make our guests' stays improve. I am glad that you had a good stay, and I will be working with the housekeeping staff on the issues that you noted. Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The first thing I noticed is that it is in a quiet area. Around the hotel are a lot of doctor offices which is great for a weekend visit - not much traffic. We arrived on a Friday a little early and they were able to accomodate us. I did make reservations a week in advance though. One of the reasons I chose this place is that they allowed pets (lab 75 lbs) with no non-refundable fee like other places. There is however an additional charge per day of $15. When I saw the room I was not impressed at all. Here I am paying almost $90 and I am not getting my moneys worth! One positive thing is that there was hot water in the shower! The overview of the room: it was a little tight, but we managed with 2 adults, a 2 yr old, and a 75lb dog; bed was ok because I did notice it was a pillow top and we were now sleeping on the bottom of the mattress and not the top; the tv channel selection was crappy, but we didn't watch much tv; wireless internet worked occasionally I suppose because there were a lot of guests using it; breakfast was simple - my husband wasn't too excited since there wasn't any meat (6' 5" man needs substance) they did offer cereal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, packaged muffins, and you could make a waffle. We were here mainly for a weekend trip to Hawks Pride Off Road Park and didn't spend much time in the room, but the time we did I didn't care much for it. If you just need a place to sleep then it will do, but I wouldn't pay this much again. For the next trip I will not be staying here - pictures looked great online, but in person I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Daniel M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us input on your experience here at the Baymont Inn of Florence. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with the price of your room. We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, if you would give us a chance to show you our dedication to providing your money's worth and making your stay the best stay possible. I would like to personally thank you for taking time away from your day to help us improve our establishment. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Sanford
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel was so nice and accomidating. We were traveling with a group that all stayed at this hotel and our every need was met with a smile. There was genuine southern hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us input on your stay! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience staying with us, and I can speak for our whole staff when I say that we can not wait to have you again. Have a wonderful day and take care.

Dunlap, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Did not impress me at all in the beginning. When you arrive at 11pm, I expect a friendly greeting at the counter by a clerk happy to have me. What I got was a budget motel walk up window on the outside, not cool. This hotel was obviously a former Jameson inn, with the signature green carpet. Not bashing Jameson, but when you buy a hotel, update it, not leave it alone for years and let the carpet, fixtures, and bedding deteriorate. Room not clean, dirty was cloth left on floor, mold in bathroom, and hairs.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ThatPilotTech
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that your stay here at the Baymont of Florence was not up the level of excellence that we hold ourselves to. We always want to ensure that every guest receives an extremely clean room and wonderful customer service, and I would like to apologize that you did not receive this on your stay. We will soon be replacing all our carpets. We would love to have you back at our hotel so that we could show your dedication to guest satisfaction. Thank you for taking time from your day to help us improve our hotel and our customer service. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Daniel Mannon

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels