“Great Property Horrible Internet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Florence

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Florence
New York
“Great Property Horrible Internet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and the results are always the same. The rooms are great and roomy. The staff if helpful and friendly. The Internet is horrible. I was so disappointed that I checked out after one day. The hotel management really must get rid of their Internet provider. It is not only slow, but impossible to do work and the customer support staff say the same thing: "it works find if you only have one browser tab open." The problem is my business relies on me doing multiple things at the same time and the provider blocks this. Thus, I could not do web work while using Skype. I checked out and into another local hotel and the Internet was 20 times the speed. There is no excuse for poor Internet in Florence. The reason is 100 percent on the provider and the only way to fix this is to move to a new Internet company. The management should do this and do it fast!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MidTMike
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Correct! There is no excuse for poor Internet, especially when the rooms are so well designed for business productivity. I read your post about a month ago and apologize for not responding, but it really captured my attention. You could not have been more correct and I had to ask myself, how do I fix this? I went on a mission to have the issue resolved by the beginning of the year and I am proud to say, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, we now have a brand new exceptional internet provider! Thank you to your post and for lighting the fire. We hope you will visit us again soon and let us know what you think of the new internet!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

For the Business Traveler who enjoys having a little extra room to stretch out and relax, without paying a fortune for a night's stay, this is your place. The room's have full size refrigerators, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, sofa. kitchen table, etc. Pretty much like an apartment. This will be my choice when I am back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for posting your positive review! Many travelers are unaware that Residence Inn’s are designed with your comfort in mind and really are similar to mini-corporate apartments, but of course better, because there is no need to make your own bed, we will do it for you! We look forward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We get to Florence, AL once or twice a year to check on things back home. This is a very nice and very well maintained Residence Inn property. It has a very unique design on the outside that I have not seen at other RI properties. The rooms have the same RI theme found elsewhere.

Very comfortable, clean and very clean smelling! Fantastic AC systems that quickly cool off the room...a must in this area due to the heat and humidity!

We ususally bring our 2 dogs with us, and they are always welcome at RI (with a small fee of course). The staff is always very polite and accomodating as well. Always makes us feel welcome.

We were here over this weekend using Marriott Points (extreemly frequent Marriott traveler here), and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite that is larger that my very first apartment! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 TV's...very nice and spacious!

If you are in the area, and looking for a property like RI, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fantastic post, thank you for hitting the highlights! We love pets and do accept them with open arms! Yes, great air conditioners are a MUST in the South! We love our unique outside design, We were one of three Residence Inn hotels in the Country to test the design back in 2010 when we opened! Hope to see you back soon.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this property for five nights during our son's baseball tournament. There were several teams staying on the property which I'm sure was a challenge for the staff but they handled the groups like champs! I was very impressed by the level of service at this RI. With a hotel full of young, wild boys, not all who were managed well by their parents, the staff remained gracious and accommodating.

The room was typical for RI. Very comfortable and spacious. I also appreciated the large laundry room with several washers and dryers.

Unlike a couple of other reviewers, we found the breakfast to be really good. They offered a nice variety to meet anyone's taste and there was always plenty of food no matter what time we arrived for breakfast. I travel a lot on business staying at various Marriott properties usually and this breakfast service ranks near the top of my experiences.

My only complaint would be the cleanliness of the pool and hot
tub. Both were green and slimy on our last couple of days.

Overall, this is a nice property with an excellent staff.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We honored to have such great young baseball champions stay with us! We hoped to treat them like they were already in the Major leagues! We have four washers and seven dryers in our guest facilities and it certainly comes in handy when all those uniforms need washed and ready for the next game! Thank you for the nice comments about our breakfast! The breakfast staff worked extra hard to make sure we accommodated all our hungry guest each morning. I am more than apologetic about the worst possible scheduled timing for our pool to be converted to salt water! We had already begun the process before we knew we were going to be able to host the teams, we tried to stall the process but it ended in a yucky, cloudy pool. Good news is there will now be a crystal clear salt water pool waiting for you when you return!
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had our family reunion at this Residence Inn. Residence Inn in general is my favorite place to stay, when I can afford it. It's value with breakfast, manager's reception, pool and fitness center is outstanding, and being a 3 person, 3-generation family, I am happy when I can afford a separate bedroom or two. This particular Inn excelled with their desire to be helpful and accommodating. The room was well-furnished, the front desk and breakfast people were helpful, the room was clean.
The only thing I would have wanted more was an INDOOR pool, but that was clearly a desire and not a need. They even allowed my cousin to make box lunches and serve them to all (family) takers regardless of their staying at RI or being "townies" or commuters.
When ever I have the opportunity to travel, I look for a Residence Inn first. I have already booked a Residence Inn in Memphis for my next trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Family Reunions are always one of my favorite groups to have in house. I sit back and admire how close knit some families are and how such special memories are made at reunions. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn and we hope you and your family will visit again!
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

While the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly, the walls were not sound proof. We could hear every step from the room above us, which should not happen. Also, the pool pump was broken, but the staff was able to get us access to a nearby pool.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Yes, you are correct; our walls are not sound proof. I apologize for your noisy neighbors above! Our pool was the biggest problem this summer as we transitioned it to a salt water pool. I'm sorry for not having it in great condition upon your arrival. I am glad you were able to soak up some sun at our neighboring hotel. The pool is sparkling blue waiting for you to return and we hope you do!
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hotel was convenient for our stay. We got a 2 bedroom suite to accommodate us and our three grand children for 4 days. The good; spacious room and clean for the most part. Kitchen, full size was great and helped to keep the food costs down. Beds were comfortable and fold out sofa bed was perfect for grandson. Majority of staff was very friendly and accommodating.
The not so good; I am a former Marriott Employee and a Silver Elite Member. I made a request for a room [ 2 weeks prior to our arrival] away from traffic noise [as kids are lite sleepers] and that fell through or was ignored. We were on the side closest to the noisy main highway through town. Too many people and luggage to hassle with a potential move, so we stuck it out. The pool was not very clean, the hot tub heater was broken as was the fire pit. Breakfast was not up to par for a Marriott to say the least. We cooked breakfast everyday, as the "free" breakfast was not very good with the exception of the waffles.
Not a bad place in all but there are other options in town. My suggestion to management staff is to remember that "Great customer service means never having to say "I'm sorry"!

Room Tip: Try to get rooms away from main highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review. I appreciate all your comments and I hope you enjoyed spending time with your grandchildren! I want to assure you, your “request” was not over looked. It was sincerely unfortunate that we just could not accommodate it. Our two bedroom suites are are most popular room. In the summer we are almost always sold out of this room type. Hope you come back again!