“Very Nice Property”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Florence
New York
“Very Nice Property”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I like the hotel and the rooms are very comfortable.

The hotel Internet is horrible. I complained daily about this but nothing was ever done. That tells me it is something with the provider. I hope that they get this fixed as I was going to stay 3 weeks here but I left after 5 days.

I still gave the hotel 4 stars but I should have taken away some more points for the Internet. The rest of the hotel is great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
You hit the nail on the head! I am sorry to say our internet provider was not able to resolve the issue while you were here. I assure you we have remained persistent in resolving the issue and have taken great measures to get it fixed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent 4 nights here attending the University of Northern Alabama Storytelling Festival and seeing the sights. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the service was excellent. And it was quiet!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! The UNA Storytelling Festival is just one of the many festivals and events that make Florence, AL such a magical place! We hope to see you again soon as you uncover a new gem this great City has to offer!
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed this spot. The hotel is about 3 years old and well kept. The suite my party stayed in was spacious and really comfortable. The bathroom towel racks are some of the best I've seen in a while. The breakfast was nice. Liked the fire pit off of the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We know you have many choices on where to stay, and we thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite. They say it is the small things in life that make a difference, I believe you are the first person to compliment our towel racks! Thank you! We hope if you are in the area again, you will be our guest.
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our second stay at this Resident Inn to visit our son who goes to school at UNA. It was very conveniently located to the campus and easy to find. The breakfast was good with plenty of options. Our room was clean, bed comfortable and room nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly and offered us bottled water at our arrival and departure. No problem with noise from other guests. All the important things done right!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and your experience is what every guest who stays here should expect from us! Your son has chosen an excellent school and we are proud to have UNA as part of our community! We hope you will stay with us when you visit your son again! Thank you for taking the time to post a positive comment!
Cullman, Alabama, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here in connection with a soccer tournament, complete with 20 high school boys. The staff were very accomodating to our large group, allowing us use of the common areas late at night to feed the team and give us all a place to relax after our games. Rooms were clean, modern, and functional. We will return to this location whenever travel calls to Florence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am happy to hear your team enjoyed their stay! It was a big soccer tournament weekend and am thrilled we were able to assist in a small way in making sure the young gentleman had the best time while in Florence before competing in their game. As a fellow soccer player, I was proud to have had them stay with us!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel. I was traveling here on business with three other guys (4 rooms). We stayed 2 nights, checking in Tuesday, February 26, and departed Thursday, February 28th.

This hotel still has a "new hotel" look. It is bright, clean, and in good condition. The breakfast in the morning is good, however it depends on who is attending the breakfast area as to if it is kept replenished. The man on Wednesday morning was not doing very well, but the lady on Thursday morning was great!

I was in a 1 bedroom suite. This room had a door between the bathroom sink and the bedroom which is unusual for a Residence Inn, and I liked this feature. It also had a door between the living room and the sink area.

The only complaint I have about the room was the heating system. The thermostat is near the entry door and the temp around this point was near the reading of the thermostat. But in the bedroom, the temperature is 8 to 10 degrees lower. (I carry an alarm clock with a thermometer, so I can verify the temp). The heat does not distribute evenly throughout the room (#101).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting great pictures of our hotel, it was kind of you to take the time and we appreciate it!

Breakfast didn’t seem to meet your expectations, therefore it defiantly did not meet ours! As the hotel enters the traditionally busy summer season, we are in the process of adding new members to our team, and from hearing your experience it sounds like we need to schedule additional training!

In addition, thank you for bringing the heating system’s inconsistency to our attention. We have called in the experts this morning and hope to have the issue resolved promptly.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write and post great pictures! We can not achieve our goal of perfection unless we know where we fall short.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Arab, Alabama
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was impressed, upon entry, at the cleanliness of the common public area of the hotel. The desk clerk was very kind and welcoming. My room was spacious and well appointed. I will definately stay here in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Cleanliness is our passion and an issue we take seriously! I am glad it was a great first impression for you! Many guests often overlook our common public area which is great for work or relaxing. Most guests don’t even notice our rooms are quite a bit larger than regular hotels can offer because they are so impressed with all the amenities in the room like the full size refrigerator! We look forward to your stay in the future and thank you for taking the time to write a positive review!