“Great Hotel”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our second stay at this Resident Inn to visit our son who goes to school at UNA. It was very conveniently located to the campus and easy to find. The breakfast was good with plenty of options. Our room was clean, bed comfortable and room nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly and offered us bottled water at our arrival and departure. No problem with noise from other guests. All the important things done right!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and your experience is what every guest who stays here should expect from us! Your son has chosen an excellent school and we are proud to have UNA as part of our community! We hope you will stay with us when you visit your son again! Thank you for taking the time to post a positive comment!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here in connection with a soccer tournament, complete with 20 high school boys. The staff were very accomodating to our large group, allowing us use of the common areas late at night to feed the team and give us all a place to relax after our games. Rooms were clean, modern, and functional. We will return to this location whenever travel calls to Florence.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I am happy to hear your team enjoyed their stay! It was a big soccer tournament weekend and am thrilled we were able to assist in a small way in making sure the young gentleman had the best time while in Florence before competing in their game. As a fellow soccer player, I was proud to have had them stay with us!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel. I was traveling here on business with three other guys (4 rooms). We stayed 2 nights, checking in Tuesday, February 26, and departed Thursday, February 28th.

This hotel still has a "new hotel" look. It is bright, clean, and in good condition. The breakfast in the morning is good, however it depends on who is attending the breakfast area as to if it is kept replenished. The man on Wednesday morning was not doing very well, but the lady on Thursday morning was great!

I was in a 1 bedroom suite. This room had a door between the bathroom sink and the bedroom which is unusual for a Residence Inn, and I liked this feature. It also had a door between the living room and the sink area.

The only complaint I have about the room was the heating system. The thermostat is near the entry door and the temp around this point was near the reading of the thermostat. But in the bedroom, the temperature is 8 to 10 degrees lower. (I carry an alarm clock with a thermometer, so I can verify the temp). The heat does not distribute evenly throughout the room (#101).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting great pictures of our hotel, it was kind of you to take the time and we appreciate it!

Breakfast didn’t seem to meet your expectations, therefore it defiantly did not meet ours! As the hotel enters the traditionally busy summer season, we are in the process of adding new members to our team, and from hearing your experience it sounds like we need to schedule additional training!

In addition, thank you for bringing the heating system’s inconsistency to our attention. We have called in the experts this morning and hope to have the issue resolved promptly.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write and post great pictures! We can not achieve our goal of perfection unless we know where we fall short.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was impressed, upon entry, at the cleanliness of the common public area of the hotel. The desk clerk was very kind and welcoming. My room was spacious and well appointed. I will definately stay here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Cleanliness is our passion and an issue we take seriously! I am glad it was a great first impression for you! Many guests often overlook our common public area which is great for work or relaxing. Most guests don’t even notice our rooms are quite a bit larger than regular hotels can offer because they are so impressed with all the amenities in the room like the full size refrigerator! We look forward to your stay in the future and thank you for taking the time to write a positive review!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

A friendly greeting at check-in was repeated each time I was in the lobby. The room is actually a studio apartment - a living room with desk; a king bed in the "L" part of the room; a fully-equipped kitchen with two-burner stove, microwave, full refrigerator, dishwasher, and supplied with paper towels, dish soap, and more. The room has a large shower, so no clingy tub shower curtains attacking me. The 37" LG lcd tv is on a swivel so it can be "aimed" at the living, kitchen or bedroom area as needed.

The lobby, hallways, outside firepit and inside fireplace areas are all spotless, warm, inviting and comfortable. Breakfast is included - sausage, eggs, make-your-own waffles, four cereal choices plus granola plus hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, sweet rolls, and more.

I've always tried to stay at Courtyards, but am not a fan of the new lobby concept with limited breakfast options and (gag) Starbucks coffee. Formerly, I thought of the Residence Inns as places for long stays, and they certainly are - but for one night, or a few nights, am now sold on Residence Inns. Leaving Florence Alabama today for a Residence Inn in Jackson Tennessee.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Your title says it all and what we aim to be, exactly –Your Home Away From Home! Thank you for your detailed and positive description of our hotel! Once you stay in a Residence Inn, it’s hard to stay anywhere else! You are the exact reason Marriott created the Residence Inn brand, you expect more and get more! We often think the small details go unappreciated, but you have reassured us that they do not. For the record, the Make Your Own Belgian Waffles are my personal favorite! We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again, in the meantime, I hope you enjoy your stay in Jackson, TN and your experience there is as great as it was here!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughters and I stayed here while in town visiting a friend. We only stayed for one night and I cannot believe how blown away I was in the short amount of time we were there! Every staff member was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was gorgeous and spotless. The free breakfast was better than most hotel's breakfast that you have to pay for! I plan on returning to Florence many times in the future and I will definitely stay here when I can!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

We are thrilled you and your daughters enjoyed your stay. It makes our entire staff smile with pride when a guests walks out of our door and is so satisfied they take the time out of their busy schedule to let us and the world know! Guests who have never stayed with us are often surprised at our oversized accommodations as well has the extensive complimentary hot breakfast. I hope you had the opportunity to make your own waffle! Delicious! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town visiting your friend! Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott for your stay!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Decided not to make the drive all the way back home in one day so stayed here one night and was pleased with the room. I always get a one bedroom suite which this was. Comfortable, clean and a great free internet service..Much better than a 'upscale' hotel we had just stayed in and you had to pay for it. Breakfast in the morning was good with scrambled eggs, etc. Although this was an unexpected stop I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with a one bedroom suite :)