“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Paragould, AR
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Brand new hotel, great location, best price I could find on a king room ($79). The regular price was $89, which is still cheaper or at least the same as other comparable hotels. I found a discount that saved me $10 on the room, but I don't think you can type it in directly when reserving your room online at the Comfort Suites or Choice Hotels websites. To get the discount, go to the University of North Alabama website, click on visitors & family, click on where to stay and eat, and click the link to book with Comfort Suites. (I was actually in town to take an exam at UNA, but no one at the hotel ever asked me for any proof of my visit to the college.) I didn't get a chance to check out the pool or fitness room at the hotel, but I did stop for a quick breakfast, and it was fine -- not fancy, but free. Really more of a "continental" style breakfast, with make-your-own-waffles as the the only hot food available. This is a great place to stay in Florence.

Room Tip: Go to UNA website, use their link, get discount
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank arkansasteacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family and I were in Florence, Alabama for my uncle's funeral. The staff was very friendly and helpful as my mother traveled with us and needed a chair for the shower. The young man quickly brought one to our room. We had adjoining rooms with my brother and his wife which was very helpful. The hotel is new and still smells new. It is in a great location by shopping malls and WalMart. It is very clean. Has a very good full breakfast. Microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. in every room. The beds and pillows are so comfortable! In fact, they sold me two pillows when I left. I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area! Very easy to check in and to check out! Affordable!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dcollins1074
covington, virginia, usa
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I really enjoyed this hotel. I hate spending a lot of time in a hotel room when I'm on business trips but I have to say, my room was tastefully decorated, comfortable, and clean. Probably one of the most comfortable beds I've stayed in for a loooong time.

The people at the front desk were very personable, and friendly. If I needed anything or had a question they were always helpful. They made some good recommendations for restaurants and things to do over the weekend. From the hotels locations -- driving anywhere is a breeze.

In the evening I got to relax in the reception area talking with other people in the hotel, while enjoying free chips and dip or whatever else they had going on. It was a welcome change of pace to be able to 'hang out' and socialize instead of spending my evening bored in my room. I had the impression that this was something they just started doing but it was a much welcomed relief.

Breakfast was fairly decent, nothing really to rave about. Good selection and some eggs, bacon , waffles -- fairly standard. Besides, there are lots of fast food places and restaurants right there, which I found really handy. (I'm much more of a sandwich person)

Overall, I would definitely say the staff of this hotel enjoy their job. It shows...in the appearance of the hotel, the attitude of the employees and I hope they can keep up the great work. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I travel quite a bit. Normally I'll be a hotel just a couple of days and then off the my next destination. So, I'm not new to the hotel experience. One thing I have to say about this hotel is the staff was very genuine and friendly. Not only were the rooms amazingly clean but every time I went to the lobby the staff was cleaning.
Nowadays when you go into a lot of businesses, staff is indifferent and don't have any respect or pride but that wasn't the case here. The hotel is new and the staff may be a little inexperienced but I have absolutely no complaints. I hope they continue to keep up the great work.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We were in Florence to do some fishing and this hotel is the only place that has ample parking for boats AND a place to plug in. Perfectly located near shopping and restaurants. Super clean, comfortable rooms, a decent breakfast and my hubby was happy he could hook up his MP3 player to listen to his podcasts. The staff was extremely curtious. I have absolutely no complaints about this new hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
south
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I have found several brand new Comfort Suites on my recent travels and it is refreshing to be a brand spanking new hotel at a reasonable to cheap price. I recommend staying here to anyone. The only thing I felt they needed to add was hand rails in the shower. They have awesome marble walls in the shower but there were no handles and if I were elderly I would have been very nervous getting in and out. Mattress was great and the towels for the bathroom were some of the plushest I've ever had. Breakfast was fair to average but the night was worth it. FItness equipment did not seem to work very well but I am finding that most fitness rooms are just for the photo tours online.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business