“Awesome Ice Cream & Hot Dogs!”
Review of Trowbridge's

Trowbridge's
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Florence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Starting coming here in 1979 while attending the University of North Alabama. Located within walking distance of my dorm we used to walk there and eat a chili dog and milkshake. Hard to beat. Service is always fast & friendly. It's a Florence institution. I give em 3 out of 5 forks. Check em out!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Trowbridge's has that diner atmosphere that everyone loves! The prices are low and the food(especially the ice cream) is good. Thanks for your many years of service in Florence!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Going to Trowbridges has always been a real treat when I come to visit my family in Alabama. When in town I look forward to getting my usual order which consist of a chicken salad sandwich and a chili dog. Over the summer,I stopped in for lunch and enjoyed a chicken salad sandwich but noticed the chili hotdogs did not taste the same. My mom was with me and also noticed the difference. I asked the lady when I checked out if something had changed. She told me that they changed the hotdogs from Bryan to Frosty Morn. Yesterday, I decided to give it another whirl hoping that enough people would have complained since the change and the hotdogs were still NASTY! Am I the only one that has noticed the difference?

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Located in the heart of Florence on N. Court St, this modest diner has been dishing up diner fare and ice cream confections for generations. Imagine our surprise when we ordered 2 ice cream cones with generous single scoops and told the charge would be $2.60 total.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Make mine hand scooped double please. Love the little area where so much is happening! You remember the days gone by when a walk to the malt shop with your friends after school and all the fun you had sipping malt through two straws and hand holding under the table! Well this place will spark all those memories and you'll make more besides! The ice cream has so many flavors it will take a bit to decide. Waffle cones so yummy. Located right on the main street downtown next to the University of NOrth Alabama. Convient! You will come back and tell friends this is the happening place!