“Nice and new!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Clayton Ga
“Nice and new!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is almost new. The room we had was a King with an extra large bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and a separate shower. It was a beautiful room. Everything was exceptionally clean and the triple sheeted bed was great! This rom felt more like you were staying in a luxury hotel rather than a HIE. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I am a rewards member and I think my room was upgraded. The room was a ground floor and was a huge r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us ! The king feature room with whirlpool tub is definitely one of our most spacious rooms .Please come back and stay with us again soon . And thank you for being a valued IHG Rewards Club member !

Glenda Gilliam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My dad and I were traveling down to Alabama for a funeral. It was rushed and at the last minute but I was able to use my employee discount to get a room at this hotel. Because an employee rate does not lock in a room type I called the front desk to ask if they would be able to put us in a room with two beds, non-smoking if possible. Even though they were almost sold out (and did sell out the day before we were arriving, aka the day I was making this call) the lady I talked to, Michelle, was able to get us locked into a vary nice two bed queen room.

We drove through the night and arrived at about 4:45am. I went in and talked to the Night Auditor, Jennifer I believe, who was helpful in getting a little of the paperwork out of the way then and there. She was also kind enough to let us sleep in our car in the lot for about two hours without calling the cops on us.

We left the lot at about 7am, met up with family members and took care of what we had to do, then came back to the hotel about 2pm. I had already called ahead and again spoke to Michelle to ask if the room was ready (check in wasn't till 3pm but we were beat) and she was the one to check us in. The check in was quick without a lot of chit-chat but that was because I was falling asleep standing not because of any lack of service.

My dad crashed on the bed almost before the door closed but I took a shower first. The towels, shampoo, soap and so on was all standard for Holiday Inn Express but I personally think that while not what I would buy they work in a pinch to clean up. The towels were soft and didn't have any stains that I could see. After I got out of the shower I hit the bed and to be honest I don't remember getting that good a look at the room. Seemed nice but I after a 16 hour drive, Alabama heat, and two hours of sleep grabbed in a car I just didn't care as long as the AC blew cold and the bed was softer then rocks. As both of those conditions were met I quickly lapsed into blackness.

I woke up later and called the desk for numbers for pizza delivery at about 10pm. I didn't get the name of the lady I spoke to then but again she was vary helpful. We ate and decided to hit the road early and get moving. There was nobody at the desk when we came down to check out but it was just after midnight and a sign was at the desk saying that the agent was helping another guest and would be back in 5 minutes. We didn't really need to change anything on the billing so we just dropped the keys on the desk and left.

Over all, it was what I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. As we didn't have any real problems we didn't really test them to the fullest extent of their service skills but the mere fact the there was no problem says something in and of its self. We didn't get to try the breakfast but the brief look I got at it when we got there the first time looked promising. The rooms seemed nice and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and even with what seemed to be a teen soft ball team running around we didn't have any trouble with noise. Though with how my dad snores maybe you should ask our neighbors about that last one.

Based on that all that I would rate this hotel at 4 out of 5 or good but not the best in the world. However, they did help us on a few smaller things like the early check in, sleeping in the car, and getting the 2 bed room so I'd bump that to 5 out of 5 because of the service. Its not the best hotel in the world, but its a nice place to stay if your traveling. And that's all you can really ask for.

As a heads up, I am a current employee of another Holiday Inn Express at the time I write this. I normally feel like I need to pick at every little thing because I don't want it to seem like I am trying to sell you on my brand. I didn't do that to much this time because I honestly liked this place for the short time I was there. Readers should note I was checked into the hotel for less then 12 hours and was dealing with a lot of emotional things while staying in town. To try to limit any unintentional marketing on my part I have left out where I live and work as much as possible (and I do not live and work in the same place for those who say that you can just look at my profile) and I will state that while this hotel and the one I work for share a name I work for a different owner and have no connection to this hotel other then that we both pay franchise fees to Holiday Inn Express.

I have tried to be as fair as I can and leave it to you the reader to decide if I have been or not.

Room Tip: This is one of the few hotels I still see with smoking rooms. If that's what you like cool, if n...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sean F
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is always nice to receive feedback especially from a fellow hospitality industry employee. I am very glad to know that you had a comfortable stay under the circumstances that brought you to town. I hope you will come back and stay again in the future and see more of our area.

Skipperville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I work away from home 8 months out of the year. I stay at this Holiday Inn and no where else. The staff is always helpful and very courteous. They make sure that me and my crew always feel like we are at home when we are here. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. I like that restaurants are within walking distance, and the overall experience while here is second to none. I would highly suggest anyone to stay here if they are in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking to the time to post a review. We are so glad that we can provide you and your crew a home away from home. We look forward to making you feel welcome here for many more stays !

General Manger
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had such positive, friendly, and pleasant service from check-in until check-out. Allysen at the front desk was just awesome - she made us feel like welcomed guests. I just love polka dots and when I walked into my room - voila! Modern and up-to-date with POLKA DOT curtains! Loved it! The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. The Jacuzzi worked perfectly and we had plenty of hot water! And I could even get enough quarters for the laundry! So, why not 5 stars? Well ... the room doors were heavy and hard to close quietly. Our jobs require early mornings (anywhere from a 2AM to a 4AM departure) and I hate waking my neighbors. Our carpet was stained. Housekeeping kept forgetting to restock our cups. Oh, and the channel selection left a LOT to be desired - it was very limited. These are all minor. The service and friendliness of the staff outshines these annoyances and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
First let me thank you for your wonderful remarks about our staff and service here at The Holiday Inn Express Florence NE. Feedback from our guests is very important as it lets us know how we are doing . I will adress these issues with the staff so that we may improve upon them. I have also taken into consideration your concerns about our channel selection and the doors.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we will be very glad to welcome you back the next time you are in the area !

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

What you would expect from IHG. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was good. Also had several good restaurants nearby. Would stay here again if in the area. Need to pay attention to the location because it is easy to miss.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for providing a review of your stay . We are very happy that you thought our hotel was worth the stay ! Please visit again soon and we will look forward to welcoming you back !

Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at the HIE in Florence for work. The hotel was nice and the employees were friendly. But, there was a large black hair on top of the bed, visible without moving any sheets or pillows. A hair or two seems to be the average these days, so that’s what I’ll give for the overall rating. I mentioned the hair to the front desk at checkout.
If you stay at this hotel, I would suggest requesting a room on the top level. My room was on the second floor and I could hear kids running around on the third floor in the evening.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Mike E

Thank you for review. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I want to apologize for the incidences you experienced during your recent stay. I am very sorry to know that you had a hair on your bed linens and that you were disturbed by other guests above you. This is certainly not in keeping with our usual high level of service and cleaniliness. We hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again the next time you are in Florence.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Every single associate is incredible. The hotel is always clean, neat and the rooms are really comfortable. Everything is up to date. What really makes this place special is the people. They ran out of newspapers, so they went out and got me one! House keeping is as pleasant as can be, and they make certain the breakfast food is hot and well made. If you are here on business and need to be looked out for this is the place. They care for their customers.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
West L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Good Evening Sbromell,

Thank you for your generous compliments on our staff. We aim to make every guest feel like they are at home. I am please to see that goal was also met during your stay. Remember, it is our pleasure to welcome you to our property each time you visit. We thank you again and hope to see you again soon.