“Such a delight to see coffee out at 4:30 am”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Florence
CA
“Such a delight to see coffee out at 4:30 am”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When your clock is off - Eastern time and don't want to wake your mate making coffee in the bathroom- well it was a delight to have coffee there, the TV news on. Recently updated so rooms were perfect.

• Stayed August 2012
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review you stay at our hotel. We welcome all comments from our guests. I am happy to know that we were able to make your stay more enjoyable by having our wonderful Smart Roast Coffee avaiable for you . It was our pleasure to serve you ! We look forward to welcoming you back !

Glenda Gilliam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here in Feb. of 2012 for our daughter's birthday. Normally, we stay at the Marriot for things like this, but we couldn't get reduced rates for this particular weekend. We selected the Holiday Inn because it was relatively new, had a pool and was around $100. The room was a standard guest room, it didn't stand out from any other hotel where I've stayed. It was clean and had the normal amenities. When we checked in, we witnessed a lady with her child complaining to the front desk about bites they had received in the pool area. The staff at the desk handled this with professionalism which I respect. Of course, the pool was the reason for our visit so we ventured to it pretty quickly after arriving. The pool is in an enclosed room which holds in the stench of chlorine. Also, the acoustics make it very difficult to carry on a conversation with someone. After spending several hours in the pool, my daughter also had a few bites but we couldn't decide what had caused them. The pool itself had quite a few bugs floating around in it and a film on top of the water surface. However, my daughter upon waking the next morning did not hesitate to want to go back. The breakfast was good and was the only thing that exceeded my expectations. We did visit the pool again until checkout time. All in all, the hotel served its purpose - it provided a clean room, pool, and breakfast at a reasonable price. The staff were friendly and accommodating. There are several good options for food within walking distance (buffalo wild wings, logan's, ruby tuesday's, five guys burgers and fries). So, if I were traveling and just needed those things, this would be a good place. However, if you are wanting something more luxurious, it's not here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We appreciate all comments from our guests. Please be assured that the issues you experienced have been addressed. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Upon check-in, I was 3 to 4 hours early for the normal check in period. The hotel had been full the previous night and housekeeping was still in the process of trying to clean rooms for new arrivals. I explained to the front desk clerk, Zach, that I had been working out in the rain all morning and was soaked from head to toe. Instead of giving me the "sir, we don't have any rooms available yet," Zach expedited calls to housekeeping and got me into a room without hesitation. After arriving in my room, I noticed cleanliness, a spacious bathroom, vibrant room colors, flat screen tv, and most importantly hair free bedding! The pool area and fitness center was a plus for those that work away from home, and the hotel had an overall newer modern look that drew me to it also. Highly recommended for Florence. Please give Zach, housekeeping, and rest of staff credit for making your hotel what it is.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us ! Zach is one of the newest assets to our team and I am sure he appreciates your feedback on the great job he and the rest of the staff are doing. We hope you will choose to stay with us whenever you are in the area. We are working hard to make this your favorite place to stay in Florence !

Memphis
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel has to be the nicest in Florence! The outside is very nicely landscaped, kept clean and has small touches like stepping stones from parking lot to the sidewalk! The lobby is very well done. Hotel has a great exercise room, breakfast room with those great cinnamon rolls and a pancake machine! Exercise room had sanitizing wipes for the machines which I love. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it looks brand new.

Room Tip: Make sure you go to the Holiday Inn Express website to get the best deal. Others claim better deals...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay ! We are very glad that you enjoyed it. Please come back and stay with us again soon !

Reviewed June 18, 2012

How refreshing it is when you arrive in a new town and are greeted with a friendly smile. It just makes all the difference. This property was a great experience. Tired and hot, once we checked into our room, we checked out the pool. I had a man look and didn't see any towels so went and asked, was told where they were, but found only one. By the time I had got back down in my swimming trunks, there was a big pile of hot fresh towels straight out of the clothes dryer.
The gym had new equipment, the dining room had hot coffee all day and night.
The room was spotless and full of little extras as you would expect (but don't find in all) from most IHG properties. The air con was nice and quiet and the hotel was handy to food and shopping.
I'd definitely recommend a stop here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BluesBro2012
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay . We love getting comments from our guests . We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to our area !

sweden
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very nice hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. Nice patio for breakfast and pool relaxation
We had the misfortune to miss the patio opportunity due to maintenance. We also missed the pancakes due lack of mix. And when our beds where made they forgot sheets in one.... Coincidence?

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Sefranker
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us ! All comments are appreciated. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please be assured all issues have been addressed as to prevent recurrence. We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

General Manager.
Georiga
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My reviews are based on a road warrior experience that lives in hotels 35-45 week(s) out of a year so I look for a little more in a hotel than the normal traveler- comfort, soft clean beds/pillows, "extremely clean" room/hotel, fridge/microware and a staff with good customer service, good guest services - period. Moved to this hotel from another hotel didn’t like. The location is excellent, walking distance to a Major Mall, Major Restaurants and other major shopping. Freeway access is close by. Small town but is well populated and busy. The exterior of the hotel is nice, clean and appealing. Grounds are well kept! The interior hotel lobby, new and nice/clean/appealing. The front desk staff is professional and nice. Needed to scan and print had a problem, the night desk clerk/gentlemen was overly helpful. He communicated well and effectively. They all make eye contact and greet you as you leave and entered. Now to the rooms, was "extremely" clean, up-to-to-date and the bathroom was clean and equip with the norm. Room was equipped with a microwave, fridge, sink and even plastic spoons and plates in the cabinets. The bed was extremely soft and the pillows were soft. The overall room was an A+ in my book. The food/breakfast can't speak on didn't eat there, so I can't rate. I rate the maids also because they are important part of the guest service process. The maids cleaned the room as if was the first time I was walking into the room, excellent job. They communicate extremely well and very helpful. The only thing is if you are in the room early morning you can hear them in the hall talking loudly and when cleaning the room next to you they hit and bump the walls or something not sure just loud. I feel for the person downstairs. I personally think from basically living in hotels they can do better its a part of guest service process too. If you have a Do-Not Disturb sign on your door the maids should'nt be in front of your door yelling trying to get the attention of another maid. That's my opinion. With that said, they do their jobs "exceptional well" because my room was extremely clean and they are friendly. Also, my iron didn't work and I had an iron within 5 mins, I had a bulb out in the room and it was replaced within 5 mins. The maintenance gentleman was friendly and professional. The staff overall was "exceptionally great" and friendly. I would stay here again because it is an exceptionally good hotel. Very Very clean!!

I give detail reviews because I rely on reviews when picking hotels, living on the road is no joke.

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the hotel on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ghawell99
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate all input from our guests. Your feedback helps us to improve our service for all. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in our area and look forward to welcoming you back.