“WOW What a Great Hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Memphis
“WOW What a Great Hotel!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel has to be the nicest in Florence! The outside is very nicely landscaped, kept clean and has small touches like stepping stones from parking lot to the sidewalk! The lobby is very well done. Hotel has a great exercise room, breakfast room with those great cinnamon rolls and a pancake machine! Exercise room had sanitizing wipes for the machines which I love. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it looks brand new.

Room Tip: Make sure you go to the Holiday Inn Express website to get the best deal. Others claim better deals...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay ! We are very glad that you enjoyed it. Please come back and stay with us again soon !

Glenda Gilliam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed June 18, 2012

How refreshing it is when you arrive in a new town and are greeted with a friendly smile. It just makes all the difference. This property was a great experience. Tired and hot, once we checked into our room, we checked out the pool. I had a man look and didn't see any towels so went and asked, was told where they were, but found only one. By the time I had got back down in my swimming trunks, there was a big pile of hot fresh towels straight out of the clothes dryer.
The gym had new equipment, the dining room had hot coffee all day and night.
The room was spotless and full of little extras as you would expect (but don't find in all) from most IHG properties. The air con was nice and quiet and the hotel was handy to food and shopping.
I'd definitely recommend a stop here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BluesBro2012
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay . We love getting comments from our guests . We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to our area !

sweden
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very nice hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. Nice patio for breakfast and pool relaxation
We had the misfortune to miss the patio opportunity due to maintenance. We also missed the pancakes due lack of mix. And when our beds where made they forgot sheets in one.... Coincidence?

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Sefranker
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us ! All comments are appreciated. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please be assured all issues have been addressed as to prevent recurrence. We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

General Manager.
Georiga
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My reviews are based on a road warrior experience that lives in hotels 35-45 week(s) out of a year so I look for a little more in a hotel than the normal traveler- comfort, soft clean beds/pillows, "extremely clean" room/hotel, fridge/microware and a staff with good customer service, good guest services - period. Moved to this hotel from another hotel didn’t like. The location is excellent, walking distance to a Major Mall, Major Restaurants and other major shopping. Freeway access is close by. Small town but is well populated and busy. The exterior of the hotel is nice, clean and appealing. Grounds are well kept! The interior hotel lobby, new and nice/clean/appealing. The front desk staff is professional and nice. Needed to scan and print had a problem, the night desk clerk/gentlemen was overly helpful. He communicated well and effectively. They all make eye contact and greet you as you leave and entered. Now to the rooms, was "extremely" clean, up-to-to-date and the bathroom was clean and equip with the norm. Room was equipped with a microwave, fridge, sink and even plastic spoons and plates in the cabinets. The bed was extremely soft and the pillows were soft. The overall room was an A+ in my book. The food/breakfast can't speak on didn't eat there, so I can't rate. I rate the maids also because they are important part of the guest service process. The maids cleaned the room as if was the first time I was walking into the room, excellent job. They communicate extremely well and very helpful. The only thing is if you are in the room early morning you can hear them in the hall talking loudly and when cleaning the room next to you they hit and bump the walls or something not sure just loud. I feel for the person downstairs. I personally think from basically living in hotels they can do better its a part of guest service process too. If you have a Do-Not Disturb sign on your door the maids should'nt be in front of your door yelling trying to get the attention of another maid. That's my opinion. With that said, they do their jobs "exceptional well" because my room was extremely clean and they are friendly. Also, my iron didn't work and I had an iron within 5 mins, I had a bulb out in the room and it was replaced within 5 mins. The maintenance gentleman was friendly and professional. The staff overall was "exceptionally great" and friendly. I would stay here again because it is an exceptionally good hotel. Very Very clean!!

I give detail reviews because I rely on reviews when picking hotels, living on the road is no joke.

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the hotel on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ghawell99
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate all input from our guests. Your feedback helps us to improve our service for all. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in our area and look forward to welcoming you back.

chattanoga
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stay in Florence quite a bit for work and normally stayed at Hamptons, but since they built a Holiday Inn Express I moved to there location instead. I have to say it is a great hotel and enjoy the manager reception they have on monday nights, plus I like the location were I can walk to many restaurants unlike the other hotels in the area not many restaurant selections within walking distance. The place has great employees front desk have to say outstanding service when I checkin and they always hand me a little goody snack and I alway enjoy that free upgrade because of my platinum status. I've never had a problem and I highly recommend this place to anyone whom is traveling it is definetly a home away from home for me since I live in hotels 5 days out of the week.

Room Tip: I'd say any room on the 3rd floor when ball teams are having tournaments there, which the staff...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jeff m
Glenda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
We are so glad you choose Holiday Inn Express & Suites when you are in the area ! We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back !
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My weekend stay at this hotel was great, from customer service to cleanliness. The hotel seems fairly new alongside a good location (across from Logan's). Hotel's like this are why I am a Platinum member. Spacious rooms and friendly staff are reasons why I plan to stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank familyguy050
We appreciate your feedback. It helps us to better serve our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in our area !
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stay at the Holiday Inn Express when I visit my home town of Florence,AL. I use to stay at the Marriott, but learned that I enjoy Holiday Inn more. The staff is very polite and curtious. The rooms are easily accessible, comfortable, and clean; and the location is prime with easy commute to popular restaurants and shopping areas. I definitely recommend this hotel with confidence that others will enjoy their experience here, as I do.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank EAudio08
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all feed back from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon !