“Under new ownership and remodeled.”
Review of Dale's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Dales reopened recently under new ownership and after some remodeling. I had the best prime rib I've ever had the other night. I've always gone to J Alexander's for prime rib but Dale's beats them hands down.

Service was a tad spotty, I think our server was new to the job. Hopefully that will improve in the future, sitting and waiting for butter while your bread cools is annoying, as was waiting for sweetner for the coffee (there was none on any of the tables). And a few other minor things.

1  Thank Temblor123

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took customers to dinner at Dale's.
The good: Everyone enjoyed their meals.
Appetizers:
The Seared Filet Mignon Tips on grits were very tender and tasty! Everyone in our party loved these!
The Smoked Salmon was served cold with toast and a sauce. I thought the salmon had a great smoked taste, but others did not enjoy it as much. (If you like cold smoked salmon, I would suggest this appetizer.)
BBQ Shrimp and Grits and Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail were also ordered and others finished both of these appetizers so I assume they were also tasty.
Salad Bar: The Salad Bar was clean and had fresh items. I would suggest this as an addition to the main course.
Finally, I ordered the Filet Mignon, 8 oz cut medium. The filet was very tender and tasty. One of the better filets I have had.

The Bad:
The lobby was very dark. With the sun shining outside, it took a minute to adjust to the low light in the lobby after entering the front door. I would suggest adjusting lighting in the lobby depending on outside conditions. (Brighter lobby when the sun is shining...)
The dining area was lighted very poorly. The lights act as spot lights, so half of our table was in the dark, and the other half had spotlights shining down from above. Changing the lighting to more of a flood light setup would be a great improvement. Perhaps the use of diffusers on the existing lights would also be an improvement.
Pricing: The items here are very expensive and are more in line with prices in a big city rather than a smaller city in northern Alabama.
Our customers also mentioned Dale's previously had an appetizer sampler platter that is no longer being offered. Our customers were disappointed about this.

1  Thank SuperPoser
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went here since they remodeled. Must say the restaurant is very nice and the food was very good. My husband told them it was my birthday, nothing was ever said. So, he mentioned it again to the waiter and he said, oh we will have to make your picture for the wall. Nothing was ever said again. We were there at 5:30, so it wasn't even busy. Be careful when ordering drinks, margaritas were $15.00 each, was shocked when we got our bill. Also you need to try the apple pie, it is amazing!

1  Thank odieb5
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited the "old Dale's" several years ago and it was very good and somewhat reasonable. The new Dale's is a little too expensive($28 for two small pork chops and all sides were a la carte, i.e. nothing come with your meal, everything adds to the cost). The chops were no better than you could buy at any sidedown restaurant. Just too expensive for my taste. They made a mistake changing.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is not the same Dale's people have enjoyed for numerous years. Everything has been changed and they are no longer associated with the Dale's seasoning or anything from the original Dale's restaurant. The prices are ridiculous. Your entrée comes with a choice of soup or salad and then meat. You pay extra for a side. The food is edible but not great. I can spend less money and get better food and more food at a couple of other places in Florence. I hate they didn't stick with what made Dale's a mainstay in Florence for so many years. Sadly, it will be another mediocre place, but this one will have a high price tag for mediocracy.

1  Thank meherandonemore