“It is fun to be there. Nice location, good food”

Big Daddy's Grill At Riverpark
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Big Daddy's Grill is a very casual family restaurant located on beautiful fish river. We are not trying to be anything more than that so be advised: your food will be served in a plastic basket, your beer and wine in plastic cups, your servers will be friendly and may even call you honey or sweetie. We take tremendous pride in providing our guests with excellent food and service at a reasonable price. As always, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN. We will seat your party as quickly as possible. If you have a party over 20 please ask for Jason, Bruce or Kyle. Thank You! Big Daddy's Grill is now serving all of our burgers and poboys on fresh baked bread delivered daily by the wonderful folks at Heavenly Creations Bakery in downtown Fairhope!
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice spot, with nice views over the water.
We liked the house rules and the funny things.
The clean and friendly simplicity is nice.
And the food is good!
Do not forget DEET :-)

bigdaddys, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill At Riverpark, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

xs2Alex, thank you so much for your business and taking time to write a review. I am grateful for both and happy that you enjoyed your experience. It may be time for me to buy some more bug candles! Hope you'll stop back soon. Sincerely, Jason "Big Daddy" Newsom.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had great fried seafood at a reasonable price. Ate outdoors on a back deck, very nice experience, casual atmosphere, friendly staff.

bigdaddys, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill At Riverpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Shirley R, thank you so much for your patronage! I am always extra pleased when folks from New Orleans enjoy our seafood! I take tremendous pride in my staff and our product and am always happy when we make our guests' experience a good one. Hope you'll visit again. Thanks, Jason "Big Daddy" Newsom.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've visited this restaurant three times in the past couple of months, very pleased each time. It is on Fish River so you can sit inside, outside, or "in between" [outside but under a roof]. Have had the very good shrimp dinner, shrimp po-boy and their burger. Seafood is fresh and well prepared. Burger was quite good, not on the level of Mugshots in Hattiesburg, MS, but not far off. Service was very good, prices are reasonable. There's a sandy play area for small children. Some diners arrive via boat. Live music on weekends though we haven't seen that yet. This place is one of our favorites on the Eastern Shore of L.A. [lower Alabama].

bigdaddys, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill At Riverpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

GoldenEagle24, thank you so much for your business! I've never eaten at Mug Shots but I will definitely check them out the next time I'm in Hattiesburg so I can figure out their secret! I truly appreciate your business and taking time to review Big Daddy's. I hope you'll continue to visit us when you are in town. Sincerely, Jason "Big Daddy" Newsom.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been eating at Big Daddy's since it opened. We have tried most everything
on the menu during that time (nice variety) and have enjoyed each bite. The service
is great. The wait staff are all helpful and happy. Very quick to make sure you
have everything you want or need. Super place to eat. Our out of town family always
ask for a trip to Big Daddy's. Enjoy the laid back unfussy atmosphere of the restaurant
building and deck areas. Just good food and friendly people!

35FayP, thank you so much for your kind words and your continued support. Be sure to ask for our new VIP card for all our regulars. Thanks again, Jason "Big Daddy" Newsom.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is outstanding the place is quite unique place . I wish there table out side were a little higher. Went with my son and his wife and grandchild . The have a place for the kids to play in the sand while you are sitting out on the back deck . Its was on a Sunday lunch when we went there and a band was sitting up to play . Can't wait to get to go back

bigdaddys, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill At Riverpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Forgetmenot, thank you so much for your patronage and your kind words, both are very appreciated! Sorry about the tables outside, when I ordered them I assumed they would be "standard" height. Thanks again. Jason "Big Daddy" Newsom.