“Worth the drive to the "boonies."”

Big Daddy's Grill At Riverpark
Ranked #15 of 112 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Big Daddy's Grill is a very casual family restaurant located on beautiful fish river. We are not trying to be anything more than that so be advised: your food will be served in a plastic basket, your beer and wine in plastic cups, your servers will be friendly and may even call you honey or sweetie. We take tremendous pride in providing our guests with excellent food and service at a reasonable price. As always, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN. We will seat your party as quickly as possible. If you have a party over 20 please ask for Jason, Bruce or Kyle. Thank You! Big Daddy's Grill is now serving all of our burgers and poboys on fresh baked bread delivered daily by the wonderful folks at Heavenly Creations Bakery in downtown Fairhope!
Reviewed August 2, 2012

All I read on the reviews is how far off the beaten path this place was. It was only 15-20 minutes outside of Fairhope and the GPS took us right there! The food was very good and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Some of them have been working there for many years. The Fish River is a beautiful setting, which was a plus, but the food was why I rated this a place a five. I love the fact that you can have "half and half" onion rings and fries as a side. You can have your seafood cooked several ways, and my son's burger was great! Clearly not something that was purchased pre-pattied. I would definitely go back there if in the area again...and they're pretty easy on the wallet too! Apparently they have live music on weekend evenings. I would imagine that it would be a fun atmosphere for that!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Big Daddy's Grill was about a 20-25 minute drive out of Fairhope but we were really glad we made the effort. Gorgeous setting and great food and atmosphere with reasonable prices. Our waitress was friendly and helpful - would love to go back and try out some of the other options on the menu.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great food, great service, and my toddler loved the sand play ! Very casual great road stop on our way to the beach. Found this stop on trip advisor and was not disappointed!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

A few months ago I wrote a not so favorable review for Big Daddy's. After reading the response from the owner and the belief in 2nd chances ,I have taken my family back there. The food ,service ,and atmosphere was great ,I really like to the thank Jason for addressing the issues and caring . Our server Jennifer was top notch ,bloody marys were awesome ,and food was delightful. Thank you

Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Wherr, thanks for giving us another chance. I knew we could do better. Again, I apologize for your previous experience and thank you for making me aware of the situation. Jason

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I learned about Big Daddy's from Trip Advisor. After reading the reviews we decided to try it since we were in the area. I'm so glad that I did my research. I'm from South Louisiana and have high expectations when it comes to anything seafood since I have relatives with restaurants there. The food at Big Daddy's more then met my expectations. We had the gumbo as an appetizer and it couldn't have been better. We shared the Big Daddy Seafood Basket as an entree'. Again it was great. So glad I did my research we enjoyed a great meal, with great atmosphere (live music playing inside where we were). We'll definitely go there again.