“" It's a diner"”

Buck's Diner
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've already had three meals here: two breakfasts and one dinner. ALL have been just excellent. The food is excellent, the price is very reasonable and the service was good. Dinner was a terrific surprise. with grilled Salmon (some of the best I've ever had) with grilled asparagus. We will return, for sure.

There are newer reviews for Buck's Diner

Reviewed January 7, 2014

simple french toast & bacon. french toast was supposed to be texas toast but it was regular white bread with no flavoring. couldn't taste vanilla or cinnimon....didn't think you could make bad french toast....but you can!

asked for bacon limp & not crisp. came crisp. sent it back & it was very obvious that they just nuked it in the micro wave to get it soft again.

my bf enjoyed his eggs.

server was nice & friendly - if a bit scattered for the 3 tables that were there with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Hampton Inn, just up the street, and decided to eat at Buck's during our last evening in Fairhope. I had a cheeseburger which was adequate, but without much beef flavor. The real surprise came with my husband's meal; he ordered the server's recommendation for what she stated was one of the restaurant's best sellers: chopped sirloin with gravy and mashed potatoes. He selected macaroni and cheese as a side. The chopped sirloin had very little flavor and seemed a little "off". The mashed potatoes were obviously straight from the box; the gravy tasted like it came from a mix, and the macaroni suffered from a lack of cheese. He attributed the ill effects that he suffered throughout the night to the meal. On a more positive note, the server was very pleasant and the wine was pretty good.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Riding into Fairhope, my wife and I saw Buck's and found a parking place. Not knowing the town well, we were a little skeptical as we walked in but don't let the decor fool you - this place has great food and you don't want to miss it! How about sesame-ginger glazed salmon, cheese grits, and a great salad with homemade dressing! The other menu items looked just as good so try Buck's if you get a chance while you are in Fairhope!

1  Thank TuscaloosaMike
Reviewed August 13, 2013

You know how you've been traveling, been at a resort, eaten lots of different food, exotic and not so exotic drinks? Well in Fairhope as we were leaving The Grand at Point Clear we happened upon a diner that had the best HOME COOKED food. Yes, like Grandmama made. The best fried chicken, my husband had fried pork chop all with home cooked local produce! Delicious! The breakfast menu looked good as well. I will return