“Everything about this place is spectacular ”

Sage Lebanese Cuisine and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage Lebanese Cuisine and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 122 Restaurants in Fairhope
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

We had never tried Lebanese food prior to Sage, we knew we loved good Mediterranean food, so we couldn't wait to give it a try. Sage did not disappoint!

On our first visit, I had the chicken shawarma and my hubs had the beef shawarma. We started with the baba ghanoujj. The shawarmas were delicious! Thy had pickles, but the pickles didn't overpower the dish. The baba ghanoujj was very, very smoky, which I liked and my husband loved. On the second visit, we both had the beef shawarmas, my sister-in-law ordered the kafta kabob, and her boyfriend ordered the kibbeh balls. Kibbeh balls are ground beef with this amazing blend of spices. Honestly, we'll probably order those kibbeh balls for an appetizer next time. Again we started with the baba ghanoujj and hummus. It was all delicious! After having been back several times (because the food is truly phenomenal), my go-to appetizer has become the cheese mankouche with kalamata olives. Still love the others and we'll occasionally throw one in if we have a bigger group, but I can't pass up that mankouche. I've had the chicken gourmet a few times and It was really good too. On our most recent visit, my hubs ordered the lamb chops. Oh my gosh, y'all...get them! They have a perfect blend of spices and are grilled to absolute perfection. He gave me one (I think he intended to give me a bite, but I ate the whole thing). It was spectacular. Their food is cooked to order and I've got a lotta love for what they make in that kitchen!

On the first visit, I ordered the Lebanese tea, which is tea with mint. I enjoyed it, but thought I'd enjoy it more with a little sweetener. Since then, I've ordered the sweetened Lebanese tea. The sugar makes all the difference. It's not overly sweet and it's fantastic! A very close second best tea of all time. I've also had the sangria, and if you like sangria, you'll love theirs. My hubs orders Makers Mark and Coke now that they offer wine and liquor.

The prices are so reasonable and the service is great. We've been many times and have never experienced less than stellar food and service.

The place is very casual, and located right in the heart of downtown Fairhope. They have a nice seating area in the front and in the back of the restaurant. The ceiling in the back is fabric and you should definitely check it out. There's even a few little patio tables out front.

Sage is a must try, and it will quickly go down as one of your regular places. This is one of our favorite restaurants on the Alabama Gulf Coast!

Nader S, Manager at Sage Lebanese Cuisine and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Thank you for your review is very important for us to know about Sage. We love to see you enjoying our food make from scratch and tons of love

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Loved the hummus trio and soft pita bread. It was hard to choose what to have for lunch so many great choices. Beef shawarma and chicken shawarma were delicious. Salad is a good choice for side. Wine selection is superb. Don't forget dessert. Very nice service.
Personable and cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed April 27, 2017

We stopped in this place after following the aroma as we walked by . everything is home made . even the pita and especially the save sauce . the lamb on the kabob was perfect . the best moussaka ever . A must try .

Reviewed March 28, 2017

This is a very pleasant surprise. This Lebanese restaurant is delicious, lebnah and hummus are tasteful, the pita bread is good too. The entrees have nothing wrong, cooked well, adorably spicy, tasteful. A small remark is on the rice, not perfectly cooked, but still decent. Service is kind and the bill is absolutely not expensive. A bright spot in the Fairhope and an opportunity to eat something different from the usual steaks and seafood. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick lunch while walking the downtown area of Fairhope. The service was good and we were able to snag the window table. We split the three meat kabob platter and it was excellent! We also have the baba famous. It was a tasty meal at an good price - and we got to people-watch while we ate.