“Great Experience”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fairhope
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Experience”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I travel a lot and I can honestly say I've never met a manager that treated us the way John here did, He checked us in, helped with our luggage and we were shocked to see him the next morning serving coffee and working in the breakfast area, He remembered our names and made us feel appreciated. We loved the service so much we stayed an extra night. I understand the hotel will be renovating but the customer service here is unmatched.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JT P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We read reviews that rated hotel very poor.
But, it was the only hotel with rooms so we held our breath and stayed there.
What a nice surprise. Phnita at the front desk was professional and very helpful throughout our 2 stays.
Rooms we're clean and great value for the money.
I don't know what changed , but this isn't the hotel I read the bad reviews about.
Thanks for a great experience

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Nickcoll
Seaford, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

On a recent trip to fairhope , we stayed in the holiday in express. The room itself was comfortable and clean. They were a little stingy with the towels and other items you usually get in a hotel. It did include breakfast, which was pretty good. I one thing I did notice that the rugs in the hallways were very stained and smelled and needed to be updated...but it was okay for the price

Room Tip: We would choose room nearer to the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Joanne H,

Ferdinand G
mexico
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The room smelled horrible, it was humid and dirty. The sheets were rough and dirty as well. I asked for a room change several times and was completely ignored. No shampoos or soap were added to my room. The front desk was no help, and on several occasions rude. To top it all off there was 200 dollars missing from my bag.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank el c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear el c,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera P
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I like Holiday Inn Express, I think they do a good job overall, but if you depend on Holiday Inn Express standards in booking a hotel this place will disappoint. It's not terrible, it's just not up to what you expect from HI Express. A little dirty, smell of whatever hotels use to kill long term smoking, almost like formaldehyde. I seriously doubt it was built as a HI Express. The HI Express emblems on the doors are peel off. For what I paid I should have had second thoughts. People are nice and location is good, beds are substandard, floors pretty dirty, just a letdown from HI express standards.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TOM S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Tom S,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived Friday night there was one woman running the whole show; she seemed extremely frazzled but was nice. The room smelled stale but not rancid. Very quiet, nice wooded view on third floor. I was taking a bath when much to my horror I saw the side of the toilet was covered in diarrhea streaks. (not ours) Also, twice we saw someone with a plunger roaming the halls. Also our toilet wouldn't quit running. So in conclusion, I was not impressed with the potty situation but overall I was content and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Baton Rouge
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We recently participated in the MS Bike Ride. The HI Express in Fairhope
was attractive and clean. The Front Desk staff was friendly, courteous,
and most helpful. We will certainly use your facility again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhope
Hampton Inn Fairhope
Best Western On The Beach
Best Western On The Beach
#2 of 24 in Gulf Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,115 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairhope? Share your experiences!