“Disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fairhope
Lima, Ohio
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Check in Staff was friendly, outer appearance overall was nice, room had a musty and damp smell and feel. Since I was very tired I did a quick bed check and slept. Upon waking, room and furniture was dated, shower had mold on the upper walls and ceiling, big stains on the wall by the sink and mirror. I hung the "do not disturb" sign on the door since check out was noon, for a little extra sleep, 10:30am house keeping woke me to clean the room. Needless to say "Very DISAPPOINTED"! I was on the understanding this property had been renovated, I guess I expected more since it was a H.I.E.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear wesley6716,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fairhope, Alabama.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is a joke. I had issues checking in with a corporate credit card. The pool was neglected and dirty. The exterior doors to the building I was staying in were never locked. My room was not clean and all the bed linens were in need of replacing. The roof leaked. I will never under any circumstance stay here again. I wouldn't pay twenty dollars a night to stay there.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank 20879
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear 20879,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairhope.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Munford, Tennessee
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I spend 7 days in this hotel end of May to 2 June 2012. Wonderful hotel, hot breakfast each morning, couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Staff excellent.

Room Tip: We were put in the new section, very nice, very quiet..................loved our stay
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
alabama
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Was in Fairhope to attend a wedding & stayed two nights in this hotel. The rooms smelled, had not been cleaned properly, and were in bad need of updating. I would not stay there again. The staff we encountered was helpful & very courteous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear joypayne,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. I am glad you found our staff helpful and courteous. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. I apologize if we fell below your expectations on this day.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This Holiday Inn needs to be updated. The check in process went nicely and the two nights that we spent there, were very quiet. The problem came when we were ready to check out. It was raining, so my husband went to get the car and our luggage was near the door, unattended. After a long wait, I had to ask a housekeeper to locate someone to help me check out. Also, there was another person behind me, waiting to check out. I assume that it was the manager that appeared and says he's sorry that the receptionist was in the breakfast area. As a customer, I don't care to hear reasons as to why they are short of help, etc. Management should promply take over duties that are unable to be covered by another employee.

Room Tip: avoid staying near the elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Deeniegraytoncharm,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Marshallville, GA
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Needs some work. Elevator didn't work. needs updating.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Ben C
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My actual stay was on 4th of July weekend in 2010. We arrived around 9pm on Thursday night and check in was very quick and easy and the front desk clerk was very nice. The front desk clerk helped us find the closest access to the Mobile Bay and to a grocery store. The room was very clean and didn't have any problem with noise from the other guests. The free breakfast wasn't that great, we decided to walk across the parking lot and ate at Burger King. We didn't have a problem with the beds, maybe because we were tired of driving and spending the whole day Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach and house hunting. We don't usually spend very much time in hotels, I'm guessing people spend too much to find a lot to complain about. I would definitely stay at this hotel again especially for the price compared to places closer to the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lnb0804
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhope
Hampton Inn Fairhope
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
#1 of 24 in Gulf Shores

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairhope? Share your experiences!