“Quick lunch while visiting Fairhope!”
Review of Original Ben's Jr

Original Ben's Jr
Ranked #1 of 3 Quick Bites in Fairhope
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We have had quite bit of seafood while visiting! So a local place was perfect for us! I had bbq beef sandwich, potato salad, and mason jar sweet tea! I love to taste bbq where ever we travel! I did enjoy my meal! It was very tasty! The sweet tea was divine! The building is not appealing but the people, food make us for it!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed February 21, 2018

This place is ground zero for a great hamburger in this area. Old restaurant, but great interior. This place is well known and visited by locals and tourists. They also have great BBQ.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed February 12, 2018

This is without question the nastiest restaurant I have ever been in. The carpet was disgusting with years of food apparently ground into it and food scattered over it (the carpet was blue, except in the high traffic areas where it was black). It looked like the walls had never been cleaned. Can't imagine how this place passed the health inspection. My wife and I both had the pork plate. I discovered 3 pieces of bone in my pork and my wife found one. There were chunks of fat in the pork, which made the poor quality worse. The flavor was not real good either--smokey but not much more to say about it. Awful. Just awful. People who rate this place good must be blind and/or have no appreciation for decent BBQ.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank LADiner
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Eat there weekly. Good people, good service, good food! I love the Swiss and Bacon Burger, and for an appetizer the potato skins can't be beat!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Quiet local place that has some of the most amazing barbque. Friendly people, great food! the place is old and not some modern chain food place! Great atmosphere! Highly recommend it! Off the beaten path and worth it!

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to Original Ben's Jr? Share your experiences!