“ABSOLUTELY THE BEST RESTAURANT IN THE AREA!”
Review of R Bistro & Pastry

R Bistro & Pastry
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Whether you are a local or a tourist, I guarantee that you will not find a better meal anywhere in the area than "R BISTRO"!

Under the very watchful eye of the owners "Joe & Family", R Bistro pumps out one amazing dish after another.

How good is it?
How's this...?
I had dinner there tonight and I am going back tomorrow for their fantabulous brunch menu. Now doubt it will amaze me.

I had the beef stroganoff for dinner and the shrimp appetizer prior. I then had the most unusual but spectacular carrot cake I have ever has for dessert.

"If" they still have any available before you order your dinner, ask server to pull it from the refrigerator and hold it at room temperature until you are ready to surrender to this delicious piece of artwork.

You won't regret it!

Happy dining,

Steve S.

1  Thank Steve S

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Both the food and the service were great! We have just recently moved to Fairhope, and R Bistro will become a regular spot for us. The server was pleasant and knowledgeable, and the food is absolutely wonderful! Don't miss this place when you're in the area!

1  Thank Isabel W
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My sister and I ate here on the advice of tripadvisor, and it was some of the best food we had on our road trip.

We had our first cheese grits here, and now we're spoiled! They're Gouda grits, so there's a smoky flavor, and they are really cheesy and creamy.

The crawfish gravy is perfect. Imagine crawfish étouffée with delicious white sauce. Served over shrimp Gouda grits, it is sublime.

Any way they serve their fish, eat it. Whatever sauce they put on it, it will be perfect. Misty and Joe Ryder, the owners/chefs, are artists in their work. We got to meet them both while we were there, and they are interested in what the customers say. They come out often, sometimes serving, sometimes just saying hello.

The desserts are also scrumptious. We had the Blueberry Pecan Chiffon, which was indescribable. A hint of cheesecake? But chiffon-y. The carrot cake was the best. Individuals cakes with sugar around the crust; dense, sweet, perfect.

We went from Texas to the Florida Keys, stopping in Fairhope on the way. We loved R Bistro so much, that we changed our return route to stop one more time!

Don't miss this gem if you are anywhere near Fairhope!

2  Thank HoustonCake
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Just needed to stop for lunch and found this amazing little town with absolutely great bistro. The shrimp and grits was amazing, Thank you.

1  Thank Simo L
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stopped in R Bistro for dinner while on a short get away to Fairhope and were pleasantly surprised with the experience. The restaurant in rather unassuming from the outside as it is in the middle of a block of storefronts. Inside initially it looks like a small desert shop until you see the tables in the back. It is a small and rather quaint spot with only maybe a dozen tables.To start we had a spinach and artichoke appetizer with handmade chips that was fantastic. We each had the grouper special which included asparagus and risotto. The kids each had different sandwiches they liked a lot, and my kids can be picky eaters. We took dessert to go which was a chocolate concoction called Bama Mud and Cheesecake. If you like rich chocolate, go for the Bama Mud it was delicious! The owner and chef stopped out to speak with us about our experience and talk about our visit which I thought was very nice. Our waiter was attentive without being either overbearing or absent and had a good knowledge of the preparation of the menu. Overall R Bistro is a great place to visit and I will go back when I am in the area again.

1  Thank mrbill8603

Been to R Bistro & Pastry? Share your experiences!