“A must if you are anywhere within driving distance.”
Review of R Bistro & Pastry

R Bistro & Pastry
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A must if you are anywhere within driving distance. This is a small quiet wonderful place to eat. Shrimp and grits, crawfish gravy and biscuits, gumbo.... All wonderful and a huge dessert selection to big to choose. I highly recommend this restaurant. This was probably one of the best restaurant meals I've had in a long time!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a treat and was not disappointed! Pumpkin praline cheesecake was fabulous! Great service and clean

Reviewed September 30, 2013

It is easy to understand why this is one of the places people like to dine when visiting Fairhope. We had a delightful lunch. The BBQ shrimp were succulent. While they are an appetizer, they can make a small lunch - served with bread to enjoy the rich sauce. The shrimp and grits were spectacular with lots of shrimp and just the right amount of grits. If you go, save room for the Bama mud pie which was the perfect end to our meal. The service was attentive and the manager stopped by to offer us more bread with which to enjoy the BBQ sauce on the shrimp. A delightful place for an afternoon lunch or dinner. The pastries and deserts will keep me coming back for more.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Driving through Fairhope, Alabama heading to the beach and decided to try the R. Bistro and Pastry for lunch! IT WAS A GREAT LIUNCH! I enjoyed the fried oysters with fries and an excellent and unique cole slaw. Oysters were fried crispy and served with a cocktail sauce containing a taste of horseradish! Overall, two thumbs up and highly recommend the R. Bistro and Pastry!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I can't wait to try the restaurant side but I always get sidetracked by the bakery. They have the best pastries and their chocolate chip scones are to die for. A definite must try when you are there that is if they have them. I don't think they can make them fast enough. Theirs cakes and cookies are almost to pretty to eat but I do make myself try. I find myself looking for an excuse to go by there just so I can try something new.

Been to R Bistro & Pastry? Share your experiences!