“A cheaper alternative”

La Cocina
Ranked #74 of 112 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As I browsed the restaurants on trip advisor I was shocked to see they were averaging $30 entrees. We were looking for something more casual for the evening and so chose Cochina. We're glad we did. A nice fusion of americanized mexican with traditional. We had a nice posole soup and a tortilla soup and then enchiladas and a mixed tasting dinner. All the dishes were great, portions were huge and prices were good. Live music on a Wed night was great. It was packed with locals. A nice place to go and feast.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I have been to fairhope a lot and always drove past this restaurant. The food was good and plentiful. We had the fajitas for two, massive amount of food. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We ate there on a Friday night and the place was full. Lots of locals is usually a good sign, and we weren't disappointed.

We started with the usual chips & salsa - the salsa was homemade, spicy and chunky! Also ordered cheese dip (queso) and was very pleased - there was spiciness but just enough. It was by no means bland but didn't have me sweating and reaching for my water glass, either.

That theme continued with the entrees, enchiladas verde for me and the poblano relleno (stuffed poblano pepper) for my friend. Again, the homemade green sauce on my enchiladas was well seasoned and yes, had some kick but by no means sacrificed flavor for heat. The relleno was a whole pepper, stuffed, batter dipped and fried. I did not try it but my companion, who appreciates spicy food, dug right in and left a clean plate with no complaints.

The kitchen got overwhelmed with the crowd at one point, I think, but the service was good and the servers kept things moving.

I saw some other dishes that looked intriguing and we'll be back ;)

This was my second visit

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Delicious food, fun atmosphere, super reasonably priced! Homemade Mexican food with some specialties you don't often see in a Mexican restaurant. Loved it!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I really enjoy the food here. The thing that maks any resturant really good to anyone is knowing what to order. You wouldnt order Italian food at a Chinese Resturant.... Don't order American food at a Mexican Resturant! Please, Please, order of the "Authentic" Menu!

Been to La Cocina? Share your experiences!